I'm Out Of Here.....

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chris

i'd love to get the !@#$ outta this shitty ass state too!!!!!

can you help me move my hammond?????

what about your l/s company?

i've lived in tucson since 1980, with 2 years in california

i HATE living here, but like the weather....

arizona is good if you are old, have blue hair and some money,

if not, this ain't the state for you

we are still checking out a d-backs game???

jeff

Edited by Soulstation1

My short list includes...

PA (Philadelphia preferred)

Sorry to offend any residents of this city, but I visited it in January and thought it was terrible! There's a great Belgian beer bar downtown that's worth checking out, though -- Monk's Cafe. Only bar I've ever been to with a tapestry on the wall.

Guy

Re:NYC. We have friends who live in a nice 2 bedroom in a doorman hi-rize on E 93 St. Monthly maintenance $1,600 [garage and gym are extra]. That's just maintenance, mortgage is another $2,500/mo.

My $950/mo Brooklyn 1 bedroom doesn't have a garage or a gym, but it it doesn't cost $1,600/mo in maintenance fees either [in fact the only maintenace fee that I incurred last year was $20 I gave to the lazy fat super for Christmas]

BTW, if anyone is interested in a long term rental, I will be looking to sublet my crib, cause we're finally moving from NY to RI in the early Summer. Beats the crap out of whatever became of New York. I used to love the city once. Been here for 15+ years. Almost half of my life. Can't do it any more. Too bad. Really don't want to sound dramatic, but this place has finally gone to shit.

Was browsing through the Craig's List the other day to see how much I could get for my place and saw a typical ad for a sublet - 1 bedroom on a 5th floor walk up in NOHO. 70{!!!!!} square feet. $950/mo + utilities. Someone will take it. Fuck it...

...saw a typical ad for a sublet - 1 bedroom on a 5th floor walk up in NOHO. 70{!!!!!} square feet. $950/mo + utilities. Someone will take it. Fuck it...

You're kidding right? 70 square feet?

I wish I was kidding.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/sub/64693746.html

This is NOT atypical.

I guess California has ruined me, but that actually seems reasonable... :ph34r:

You've got kitchen and bathroom access and that isn't even included in the 70 square feet.

I've got to get out of this state. :excited:

You've gotta be kidding. Moving east?

Ohio? Pennslyvania?

What?

Feck.  :wacko:

Dude, I'm burned out.

The urban sprawl here is a killer.

This may sound silly, but I'm tired of the sun as well, more specifically, the terrible summer heat. It depresses me. I need the seasons, all four of them.

I hear you.I hear you. I lived in Phoenix for a good long time and it seemed the heat became more unbearable with each passing year. The city became bigger,more polluted and the increase in weirdos,uptight people and downright psychos seemed to become more pronounced. In Colorado there are four seasons unfortunately the longest one is Winter-Yeesh!!!! We have more snow on the way and right now I'm sick of it. I guess with everything you take the good with the bad so here I am for now though I've heard some good things about the Las Cruces,New Mexico area.

Edited by chris olivarez

Start posting again as soon as you're settled. 

Can I have your bottlecap?

Up over and out.

I'm not goin' until June/July.

If all goes right, I'm gonna do a little cross country tour and hit some organissimo hot spots.

I'll be giving updates along the way.

Last place I lived before Colorado was Brawley,California-another blast furnace. I left there in late June during a stretch where the temperature was ranging from 110 to 118 degrees. When I saw Brawley in my rear view mirror I laughed my ass off and I ain't never been back!!!!!

Now if we could only get Wes to move Eas(t)!

I was in the Columbus, Ohio area in 2003 at various times... visiting a female friend. It was a pleasant reminder that I'm a westerner whether I like it or not.

Just last week my Dad and I took his Jeep and drove only 30 minutes from the house, found a Jeep trail, drove the Jeep part way, and hiked the last mile to a water fall. We had lunch by the fall, found a ghost ranch house, talked to some cattle, and escaped from the trail while the Arizona sun fell in a purple haze.

I don't enjoy the intense Arizona heat for as long as a summer lasts around here, but I'll take the 108° in place of the 8° any time. Sometimes the heat seems 'majestic' in an odd sort of way.

I like the desert rain that comes down hard in July. I like to go 'running' during the winter evenings with only a long-sleeved T-shirt and a pair of running shorts. I like knowing I can eat good Mexican food in a different restaurant every night for more than a week. I like wearing shorts nearly all year round. I like knowing my car will be ready to go every morning, just hop in and drive to work. No scraping and sloshing and shivering.

Tucson runs about 10 degrees cooler than Phoenix. Also, in Tucson, the nights are cooler. I agree that Phoenix is too hot and too big. But, really, catesta, Ohio, Pennslyvania, or New Jersey? Did you get a bad beer last night? :P

Edited by wesbed

For those that don't know, I am originally from NY. That part of the country makes the most sense with regards to being close to family. I've got family in Jersey, Essex Fells, Cherry Hill...., as well as  NY, Queens, The Bronx, Brooklyn, Glen Cove  LI, and East Meadow. Oh shit, I forgot Dutchess County, but I'm not going up there.

Oh. The family ties thing. I understand. :tup

The part of my family I care about resides in Tucson within two miles of my residence (parents and a sister).

Edited by wesbed

Wow...might as well let the cat out of the bag. Barb and I will be moving as well, but not any time soon. We're talking a year to 18 months out. Like Jeff, I'm also burnt out on the whole California experience, and my other half is finally agreeing. However, it is definitely a good news/bad news scenario. She wants to move close to our son and his family. You know, see the grandkids grow up. And as soon as he can manage it, he's getting out of the Army (yeah, I know; when is that gonna be?) and they've already decided where they're going to live. So it looks like I'm going to end up spending the rest of my life in Louisiana. Jumping Jesus on a stick. Louisiana???? I dunno....