What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just caught up with the most recent episode of Fringe.

***Spoiler Alert!***

I really like how they ended the episode with Peter in bed with Faux-livia when he gets the call from that lady with the message from the real Olivia saying that she is stuck in the other world. What's Peter going to do now?

Krister Henriksson is the Wallander, forget Kenneth Branagh.

Nah! The real Wallender lies on the printed page and in our brains.

Haven't seen the Swedish series but have read consistently good things. Didn't care for the Branagh series based on a couple of episodes. The usual British thing these days of trying to polish off a 400 page novel in 90 minutes. The perpetual worry that we might switch channels if they don't keep things moving.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Krister Henriksson is the Wallander, forget Kenneth Branagh.

Nah! The real Wallender lies on the printed page and in our brains.

Haven't seen the Swedish series but have read consistently good things. Didn't care for the Branagh series based on a couple of episodes. The usual British thing these days of trying to polish off a 400 page novel in 90 minutes. The perpetual worry that we might switch channels if they don't keep things moving.

I agree to a degree but it's a bit like saying that the real Inspector Morse is the one conjured up in our imagination as we turn the pages. I would suggest that John Thaw's characterization has, for the most part, replaced that imaginary character with a flesh and blood one, whose face many readers cannot erase from their minds eye as they read Dexter's books.

Branagh's misjudged and overwrought portrayal never came close to approaching that kind of characterization but, in my opinion, Henricsson does. Besides having read all the books, I've seen almost all the Swedish series and strongly recommend them to you. :)

Sure looks like it. I haven't quite figured that out, I missed a bit of it as I was getting dessert ready for the friends over watching with me, will have to rewind and watch it again later today and see if I can understand more. Interesting episode!

I agree to a degree but it's a bit like saying that the real Inspector Morse is the one conjured up in our imagination as we turn the pages. I would suggest that John Thaw's characterization has, for the most part, replaced that imaginary character with a flesh and blood one, whose face many readers cannot erase from their minds eye as they read Dexter's books.

Branagh's misjudged and overwrought portrayal never came close to approaching that kind of characterization but, in my opinion, Henricsson does. Besides having read all the books, I've seen almost all the Swedish series and strongly recommend them to you. :)

You certainly have a point there - Morse is definitely Thaw for me - I've never read the books!

I'll keep those Swedish Wallenders in mind - I like having a series on the go from the online rental company.