What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the first episode of "Harper's Island" on CBS. It was actually pretty good, and I think I'll keep up with it. It's basically a murder mystery set on an island where alot of people have come back for a wedding, and apparently each week there are one or two killings, and you have to figure out whodunnit.

Two murders on tonight's episode, both of which were pretty grisly.

I just watched Timecrimes...or maybe I haven't watched it yet...or possibly a different version of me just watched it...or maybe one version of me watched it, another didn't and a third is writing this post. Or maybe this is the third time I've posted this...

I'M CONFUSED!!!!

:wacko:

I just watched the first episode of "Harper's Island" on CBS. It was actually pretty good, and I think I'll keep up with it. It's basically a murder mystery set on an island where alot of people have come back for a wedding, and apparently each week there are one or two killings, and you have to figure out whodunnit.

Sounds pretty dusty; even I used that plot back in a tenth grade creative writing exercise...

Parks And Recreation

How was this one? The commercials crack me up.

:blink: Damn...I didn't know you could quote two people in one post!

Sounds pretty dusty; even I used that plot back in a tenth grade creative writing exercise...

Well, it's certainly not a new idea, but it was fun to watch. Gotta appreciate a show where they butcher Harry Hamlin in the very first episode!

Parks And Recreation

How was this one? The commercials crack me up.

:blink: Damn...I didn't know you could quote two people in one post!

It was pretty good, but I think I had a whole different appreciation to some of it due to 27 years of state agency experience.

I just watched Timecrimes...or maybe I haven't watched it yet...or possibly a different version of me just watched it...or maybe one version of me watched it, another didn't and a third is writing this post. Or maybe this is the third time I've posted this...

I'M CONFUSED!!!!

:wacko:

Me too.

I got lost after about thirty minutes, dozed off and couldn't seem to pick up the plot again. Will try again soon. Funny thing is I didn't have that problem with ' Primer', which was even more mind bending. Gotta love the time travel/slip genre though.

Last night watched 'The Long Voyage Home'. It's not one of my favourite Ford's but features stunning cinematography from Greg Tolland. That prompted me to watch 'Directed By John Ford', a documentary by Peter Bogdonovich.It didn't really tell me much that I didn't already know but was very interesting nevertheless. Great to hear John Wayne, Martin Scorsese. Clint, Maureen O'Hara. James Stewart etc talking . Full of anecdotes.

Edited by kinuta

Me too.

I got lost after about thirty minutes, dozed off and couldn't seem to pick up the plot again. Will try again soon. Funny thing is I didn't have that problem with ' Primer', which was even more mind bending. Gotta love the time travel/slip genre though.

Well, not surprisingly, an American remake is already under way. The rumor mill is that David Cronenberg will be directing.