What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wrestler DVD

My wife RAN to the store and made me watch this movie as soon as it was released on DVD because she crowed about how good this movie was when she saw it in the theater....can someone tell me what the big deal is? I guess I'm just not a fan of wrestling. :w

Now my wife is playing "Bride Wars" :angry:

Just tuned in to the middle of Teen Age Millionaire on TCM - with Rocky Graziano, Maurice Gosfield, Zasu Pitts, Jimmy Clanton, Chubby Checker, Marv Johnson, Bill Black's Combo, & Jackie Wilson. Inane plot, but entertaining.

Reminds me of Richard Meltzer's piece about possible TV shows for Rocky Graziano:

Rocky as a junkie, every week it's how he's gonna get his money and where's he gonna score it.

Rocky as a champion chess player who can't figure out how he does it.

Rocky has trouble getting a job, there aren't that many jobs around so he becomes a stewardess in drag.

Garbage man with Ralph Meeker as his sidekick. He looks thru famous people's garbage and saves stuff he likes and one week he runs into special guest A.J. Weberman.

32 possibilities in all, & none are any more ridiculous than the "plot" of Teen Age Millionaire.

Man, Lost was intense.

Right now "Men Behaving Badly," Season 1

Intense indeed.

Glad I didn't give up on Lost, season five was hypnotic. If they can continue this momentum through the final season then Lost could become a great SF classic.

American Idol

Can't believe Adam Lambert didn't win

First time I've watched a season of AI

Yeah, I think my wife was in shock. There's talk that Kris won because of a certain "theory" about who should be an "American Idol"

...I can't vouch for said theory, but it seems "plausible".

I don't know...I think I'm spending too much time on this shit :rolleyes: