Running s... l ...o... w

kinuta

I've been having problems for a while. With Firefox for the past 2 or 3 weeks I don't get any reply buttons - I can only lurk, SO I've been using Internet Explorer and having the sloooow loading. When I click my Organissimo link I get the error page, but if I hit the link at the bottom of that page for "Today's active topics" I get the page. I don't think it's an ISP problem either. BTW, my PC at work (I MUST use IE there) has been having the same loading problems.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another thing I notice - when I'm waiting for my O-Page to load and try to open another site in another window, the other window gets no action until the O=Page loads. This has never been the case before, nor is it the case when I repeat the action with other, non-Organissimo pages open and/or loading. I've always been able to open windows at will with minimum, if any, lag time such as this.

Also, during the loading of the O-Page, my firewall shows tons of "outgoing" activity and very little "incoming". I have the same problem when my firewall is disabled, so I doubt that the firewall is what's causing the hanging.

I offer this information not to complain, but only in hopes of providing information that can be used to identify what the problem might be, whether it be here on my end or elsewhere.

Also, during the loading of the O-Page, my firewall shows tons of "outgoing" activity and very little "incoming". I have the same problem when my firewall is disabled, so I doubt that the firewall is what's causing the hanging.

I now have all your info - thanks.

Hello Dusty Groove! :P

Sure, NOW you're gonna buy that $120 copy of Sophie...

Is there any hope on the horizon for getting this problem fixed? As it stands right now, I too am finding the board nearly "unusable", what with full page-loads, including those of posts, taking 60+ seconds apiece, as opposed to the old 2-4 seconds. I like to check most all of the ongoing discussions at a sitting, and when doing that now takes 30 times longer than it used to, well...

Again, this is the only site that's displaying this behavior, and it happens with or without my firewall on. The first part of the pages (including the IE window "title bar") load at the old, rapid, speed, but then the thing just sits there seemingly "forever". Much slower than in my dial-up days even!

Not to sound "hostile" or anything, really, but most of my time on the PC is spent multitasking on the Net, and if my Net use is disabled by trying to open windows to this board, well, that, to me, renders ths boards "unusable". Don't think I need to tell anybody how much I dig participating in this community, but until there's some inkling of what's causeing this problem and how it can be fixed, I have no practical choice but to lay low. I'm sure this will delight some people ( :g:g:g ), but I'll not be among them.

Give me hope, Jim. For god's sake, give an old man HOPE!!!! :)

Jim,

I really have no idea why you're having problems. The board runs and has been running very speedy for me.

Does it do this on other computers that you use? What operating system are you using? Have you scanned for viruses and spyware recently? There are bugs out there that will slowly make frequently visited websites unaccessable. My brother had one a few years back.

Is there any hope on the horizon for getting this problem fixed? As it stands right now, I too am finding the board nearly "unusable", what with full page-loads, including those of posts, taking 60+ seconds apiece, as opposed to the old 2-4 seconds. I like to check most all of the ongoing discussions at a sitting, and when doing that now takes 30 times longer than it used to, well...

Again, this is the only site that's displaying this behavior, and it happens with or without my firewall on. The first part of the pages (including the IE window "title bar") load at the old, rapid, speed, but then the thing just sits there seemingly "forever". Much slower than in my dial-up days even!

I'm (still) having the same problems, both on Opera and MSIE6...

I actually think that's the problem. I opened up the "status bar" at the bottom of the screen, and sure enough, when it's hanging up, says, right now, for example, "downloading atb_help.gif at www.organissimo.net". Takes a long time, then moves on to atb_search, and sure enough, red X's. Eventually it "gives up" and moves on. I bet once that's solved, this "hanging" will be solved.

Edited by Peter Johnson

• 3 months later...