Running s... l ...o... w

kinuta

Welcome back...

I upgraded the database and have an order in for more RAM for my server. The slow-down problems are probably still going to persist until the RAM is installed (not sure whent that will be). If the RAM doesn't solve the problem, I'm going to have to upgrade to MySQL 4.1.

Right now, things are zippity quick!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back...

I upgraded the database and have an order in for more RAM for my server. The slow-down problems are probably still going to persist until the RAM is installed (not sure whent that will be). If the RAM doesn't solve the problem, I'm going to have to upgrade to MySQL 4.1.

Right now, things are zippity quick!

Thanks for all your work Jim! You've been really dedicated to keep this site up and running.

Thanks a lot, Jim.

What's up with the search function? It lost a lot of its functionality.

Using the search function is very processor intensive. I think the RAM will help dramatically. When I still had the board closed, I was able to search like the old days, including clicking on member names and getting their profiles, total posts, etc., all in a relatively short time.

Upgrading from MySQL 3.23.58 to 4.1 is also supposed to dramatically speed up search times, which is why I will still probably have it done even after the RAM upgrade.

• 2 months later...

The board has been up and down a lot for me in the past several days. Very slow at times, frequently timing out, sometimes completely inaccessible. Anyone else having this problem?

Same here today, plus problems with PMs; I lost a few PMs when I tried to send them (yes, I did tick the "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" and "Track this message" boxes).

Edited by J.A.W.