July '05 Mosaic Running Low & Last Chance

If it's 3 to 5 weeks, that's not airmail but economy.  I've been selling some cds lately and they get over to the continent in less than a week.  Shipping couldn't be more than $20 although I don't know what you're paying.

$30 for ultra slow delivery, as I said not good, billed by Mosaic as being "airmail" and not "economy". This speed of delivery is what I'm used to getting from surface shipments ( which they no longer offer on orders over $100)- that would have cost around $18 !!! I guess I'll relax if and when I actually get it in my hands but none the less it's not what I'd expect from Mosaic.

Are you saying the delayed delivery is Mosaic's fault? How exactly? Once the parcel is out of their hands, there's nothing they can do about it. It could be the carrier's fault, or the parcel could be held up by Customs (which, in the Netherlands, could take weeks).

no, what I'm saying, is that airmail to UK should not take 3-5 weeks, it's clearly not airmail that they using as my experience shows that real airmail takes 10 days max for items to get here from the US.

For what it is it's over priced and arguably misleadingly billed ( although I'd conceed that they do clearly state it'll take 3- 5 weeks- I noticed that a bit late !!!)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's 3 to 5 weeks, that's not airmail but economy.  I've been selling some cds lately and they get over to the continent in less than a week.  Shipping couldn't be more than $20 although I don't know what you're paying.

$30 for ultra slow delivery, as I said not good, billed by Mosaic as being "airmail" and not "economy". This speed of delivery is what I'm used to getting from surface shipments ( which they no longer offer on orders over $100)- that would have cost around $18 !!! I guess I'll relax if and when I actually get it in my hands but none the less it's not what I'd expect from Mosaic.

Are you saying the delayed delivery is Mosaic's fault? How exactly? Once the parcel is out of their hands, there's nothing they can do about it. It could be the carrier's fault, or the parcel could be held up by Customs (which, in the Netherlands, could take weeks).

no, what I'm saying, is that airmail to UK should not take 3-5 weeks, it's clearly not airmail that they using as my experience shows that real airmail takes 10 days max for items to get here from the US.

For what it is it's over priced and arguably misleadingly billed ( although I'd conceed that they do clearly state it'll take 3- 5 weeks- I noticed that a bit late !!!)

And what if Customs are holding it? You can hardly blame that on Mosaic...

agreed but that's not my point

agreed but that's not my point

Then what is your point? The airmailed parcel could have arrived at Customs within the time frame you mentioned and still be held up by Customs. I still don't see how Mosaic's to blame for that.

my concern is only that I paid $30 for a service labelled as Airmail ( although they do describe delivery as taking 3-5 week- a point I missed when I ordered). 3-5 weeks isn't the normal delivery time for airmail from the US. I presume Mosaic have gone a cheaper route- perhaps Economy as suggested above although still describing it as Airmail. The lesson to me though is to read the small print and use airbourne express next time !!!

my concern is only that I paid $30 for a service labelled as Airmail ( although they do describe delivery as taking 3-5 week- a point I missed when I ordered). 3-5 weeks isn't the normal delivery time for airmail from the US. I presume Mosaic have gone a cheaper route- perhaps Economy as suggested above although still describing it as Airmail. The lesson to me though is to read the small print and use airbourne express next time !!!

My point is that the parcel could have arrived in the U.K. within, say, 10 days, which is well within the expected airmail time frame, and be held up by Customs since then, without them notifying you (that's how it usually works in the Netherlands). That way Mosaic would have supplied the airmail shipping you ordered (instead of going the economy route), though due to circumstances beyond their control you would not get what you ordered and expected, i.e. speedy delivery.

My point is that the parcel could have arrived in the U.K. within, say, 10 days, which is well within the expected airmail time frame, and be held up by Customs since then, without them notifying you (that's how it usually works in the Netherlands). That way Mosaic would have supplied the airmail shipping you ordered (instead of going the economy route), though due to circumstances beyond their control you would not get what you ordered and expected, i.e. speedy delivery.

Luckily customs here have never held anything up more than 24 hours as far as I can tell from the multiple date stamps that parcels get along the way.

Luckily customs here have never held anything up more than 24 hours as far as I can tell from the multiple date stamps that parcels get along the way.

Why don't you ask Mosaic how they did actually ship your order?

Very odd interview. That was 1987 - I can't imagine what she sounds like now. Smoking and drinking seem to have destroyed her speaking voice.

I remember on another board long ago Danny DEEP D'Imperio telling stories about when he was on tour with Anita O'Day in the 1980's. Much of that story is not suitable for a public forum, but if half his story is true she was a wild woman then (in her 60's/70's) and probably still is now.