This Is The Place

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on my first spin here. This is GOOD GOOD GOOD!!!

Congratulations guys, you have something to be very proud of here.

And that Robert guy my copy is autographed to appreciates it too :P

(edit - that IS my first name, and is probably what my paypal says, so it's my fault, not yours LOL)

Edited by Aggie87

Selling like hotcakes on CDBaby. Great news!

Anyway, mine showed up over the last couple of days (I was away and it greeted me when I stepped in the door -- priceless). I do like what I heard but will be spinning again shortly to let it sink in. My only comment is that on the customs form, you put in a dollar value of $0. Surely, you must value it more highly than that.

(If not, maybe we should all ask for refunds. Or credit towards your third release.)

Selling like hotcakes on CDBaby.  Great news!

Anyway, mine showed up over the last couple of days (I was away and it greeted me when I stepped in the door -- priceless).  I do like what I heard but will be spinning again shortly to let it sink in.  My only comment is that on the customs form, you put in a dollar value of $0.  Surely, you must value it more highly than that. 

(If not, maybe we should all ask for refunds.  Or credit towards your third release.)

Just trying to save you some bread, my friend.

Of course I am kidding, but I would hate for the big O to run afoul of customs for making a false declaration. When I ship items like that overseas, I generally put $10 which doesn't raise suspicions but is low enough not to trigger paying customs duties (at least AFAIK).

Of course I am kidding, but I would hate for the big O to run afoul of customs for making a false declaration.  When I ship items like that overseas, I generally put $10 which doesn't raise suspicions but is low enough not to trigger paying customs duties (at least AFAIK).

But it was a gift from me to you, wasn't it?

It brought back fond memories of my youth in Mason... mullets, corndogs, goat poop....

... um ... ok, maybe not so fond.

:P

Your eyes were all a sparkle. The demolition derby had you very excited.

Embrace your inner red neck Jim!!! :D

If you haven't posted one yet, get on over to CD Baby and put in the good word in a review. The more the merrier, and it can help goose the sales some. GET THE WORD OUT- IT SMOKES!!!

Thanks for the reminder! If you've got the Cd and dig it, pls post a review on cdbaby.com.

Theo,

I was raised in Flint. In fact, I would have killed to have done some time in Mason...oh wait that is Jackson... uh.... nevermind. :)

Edited by GregN

The new CD will be restocked at CDBaby at any moment! We sold out!!

But you can get on an email notification list there, I see. Anyhow, with 22 stations across the country reporting organissimo's This Is The Place, on the top ten for album spins (up from nine stations last week) we are looking for bigger avenues of distribution. Very exciting stuff.

Greg Nagy

Big O Records

Edited by GregN

The new CD will be restocked at CDBaby at any moment!  We sold out!! 

But you can get on an email notification list there, I see.    Anyhow, with 22 stations across the country reporting organissimo's This Is The Place, on the top ten for album spins (up from nine stations last week) we are looking for bigger avenues of distribution.  Very exciting stuff.

I hope you guys get airplay on major markets like WBGO and other major cities. Press in Downbeat, JazzIz and major city news papers wouldn't hurt.

I don't know how to do it, but hey... :tup