Happy 50th, Lon!

Start on the cake whenever you wish! :g

Thanks for all the good wishes mes copains! I'm going to try to get through the work day, looking forward to a great lunch at my favorite place (The Clay Pit), and a nice evening at home with Helen. . . .

I'm actually not tripping to be 50. I watched Helen turn 50 in June, and it didn't seem to be too bad. . . :P Also. . . I really am enjoying this part of my life. . . I wouldn't want to have the problems I did at 25.

Plus. . . this marks half my life spent in one place, Austin. After the many residences (cities, towns, states, even countries!) before that to be this "rooted" finally is a good thing!

I appreciate all the friendship here and the great thoughts coming my way!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From one old mossback to another, hope you have a good one. Age is just a state of mind. Besides, no matter how old we all get, we still tend to see and think of ourselves as being 25.

Have much appreciated your contributions, advice and all around savoir faire stretching back to the earliest days of the BNBB.

Up over and out.

My last four years of Texas state government service have been my mid-life crisis. I'm still IN IT, but I'm not letting it overwhelm me, I can't afford the stress and anxiety, I've been through enough, I've just shut that aspect of it down.

Some of the absurdities are tragically FUNNY now. Just some, but enough to keep me entertained. . . . I'm just hoping that the next, the FINAL FOUR for me, are a little better. I take strength in knowing that I've been through an awful lot and proven I can. . . .

Listening to Louis and enjoying myself a little here at work!

Lon and Louis, both share the last name and the same birthdate. How wonderfully fitting!

I would never have guessed you were fifty. I guess the music not only makes you feel so young, but even helps you look it, too! All the more reason to listen to jazz!

Happy birthday, Lon! :party::party::party:

May life always return to you all the good will and feeling that you bring to this board and any community of which you're a part. Thanks for all the knowledge, intellectual camaraderie, and jazz-fan esprit de corps that your presence here provides. As my good friend the Red Menace has observed: "A man who always has more Mosaic sets than years may well live forever!!!" It's an experiment that I'm eager to continue, anyway... and quite doable if the company keeps up its present output. :party::party:

That's true Ron. My wife engineered the whole trip to Hawaii as a "Hawaii Five-O" trip as she turned "Five-O" in June and I today. . . . :cool:

And to make matters even more law-enforcement connected, the hotel we stayed in was formerly "Gray's Boarding House" where Biggers conceived of the character Charlie Chan, and plotted the first novel, "House without a Key" (which is now the name of the night club/restaurant at the hotel.

(Photos are of the night club/restaurant, but not photos which were taken by my wife or myself)

1087513_371a76c2bf.jpg

7.JPG

food01.jpg

150x157_84e38f25c1a4a8232cb47c46b6d5080b.jpg

r_IMG_0406.jpg

housewokey.jpg

Edited by jazzbo