Mens - Who Cuts Your Hair?

JSngry

Men, who cuts your hair?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Female barber. She's an earthy person, so it's not like I have to watch my mouth. Not that I'm a lewd & rude customer, just that there's no pressure to be dignified. Not that you can be when you have a sheet over you and tissue wrapped around your collar. I now go 4 or 5 times a year as opposed to 2 or 3. I don't really care for the dramatic moment at the end where a mirror is held so you can see the back of your head. "Yeah, yeah, glad to see I still have a neck." A nice perk is a shoulder/neck massage is thrown in.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male barber. You know, the places with Playboy laying on the table, phony mace and sword thingy on the wall and all. Places I absolutely loathed in my teen years when I actually had hair. Now that I go more often to avoid the "Ben Franklin" look, and keep my hair short, a regular barber shop seems like the place to go. Besides, it's kind of like getting in a time machine...

Male Stylist, same guy for the last 11 years. Gay, but not flamingly so (not that there's anything wrong with that ^_^ ).

All my life I've always had the best luck with barbers/stylists (hair-cuttists??) who cut both men's and women's hair (and by most definitions, I guess that means pretty much all stylists, and few barbers).

Mostly male stylists, over the years (hardly any women, or none that I became a regular customer of). Don't know that they've all been gay, but I suspect a majority of them were. One was a guy who taught jazz piano as an adjunct instructor at the college I went to -- and I took one semester credit of jazz piano from him at the school.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

These days I prefer a male barber.

In Phoenix I was going to a shop for years owned by two Russian brothers. All the barbers were Russian, all but two were male. They did a great job.

When I moved east I had a couple shit haircuts right off the bat. I finally found a shop a couple of months ago that does it up right.

The shop has one chick, a couple of Italian guys and a couple of Russian guys cutting hair. All seem to do excellent work.

Turns out the Russian guy that clips my hair is cousins with the guys back in Phoenix. Small world.

The haircut is $13, I usually tip $5.

Edit for additonal comments....

There is nothing like getting your haurcut from a real professional.

Shaved with a straight edge razor to boot. :tup

When I walk out I'm not all covered in hair clippings like I was when I went to the chain clip joints.

Edited by catesta

Just got my hair cut a couple hours ago, by chance. Was in the neighborhood anyway, and stopped in to try make an appointment for sometime later this week (hopefully) -- and it turned out I was able to get in right then and there (rarely is that the case).

As usual, we talked about art-house movies, and urban re-development issues. Oh, and new restaurants. :g

Somebody asked about cost and tipping -- haircuts from my stylist used to be $16 for the last couple years, and they just went up to $17. I usually tip about $2 or $3 at most. Suppose I could tip more (and I did back when haircuts were only $13 or $14), but as the hair-cut price goes up - down (slightly) goes my tip.

Female stylist here. She's been cutting my hair for nearly 15 years. She's very attractive which of course has nothing to do with why I keep going back. :P I usually spend $25 which is abit on the high end, but I don't mind paying it. You get what you pay for. She's actually responsible for setting me up with a girlfriend of hers years ago, who eventually became my wife.

I went with Male Barber, though in reality the shop (he owns it) is Coral Springs Styling.  I'll have to ask him next time if he's a barber or a stylist.  The price went to $18 so maybe he'd have to be considered a stylist.  :wacko:

:)

Mine's a male barber. There was a female barber that would occasionally do it ("it" = shaving my hair to the length of a quarter inch once a month) but she kept missing patches and finally I lost my patience. Everytime I go to that place now I wait for one of the other barbers. It's a little awkward but I hate those fucking patches.

Once I tried shaving my own head and failed miserably.

Guy