What Holiday Music Are You Spinninng Now

Soulstation1

Christmas Cookin' - Jimmy Smith

Christmas Piano - Bryan Tey

Verve Presents the very best of Christmas Jazz - Ella Fitzgerald, Kenny Burrell, Billy Eckstine, Ramsey Lewis, Joe Williams, John Coltrane, Mel Torme, Louis Armstrong, Shirley Horn, Bill Evans, Count Basie, Jimmy Smith, Dinah Washington and Oscar Peterson. [i brought this to work and everybody loves it.]

In The Christmas Mood - Glenn Miller Orchestra

Edited by patricia

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given there's a lot of tradition involved with Christmas, I like 'traditional jazz' things like "Christmas with the New Black Eagle Jazz Band" (Daring Records CD 3025); and the old LP by The World's Greatest Jazz Band (led by Yank Lawson and Bob Haggart) "Hark The Herald Angels Swing" (World Jazz WJLP-S-2). You ain't heard nuttin' if you ain't heard Vic Dickenson and Gus Johnson sing Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer!

On Vinyl:

A Very Special Christmas - Hagood Hardy

The Ventures' Christmas Album

Wishing You A Merry Christmas - A classical album compilation featuring the Morman Tabernacle Choir, The Philidelphia Orchestra, The Cleveland Orchestra and the Columbia Symphony Orchestra.

To Wish You A Merry Christmas - Harry Belafonte

Merry Christmas - The Mills Brothers

Love this bah humbug blog review of Duke P's 'Merry Ole Soul' :D

...here's my only concession to the festive season.Bombarded with shite Christmas songs from all directions (Take That AND Cliff Richard-what a double whammy for complete bollocks this year.One old c**t against five young but even bigger c**ts - tis the season to be utterly despondent if you are within a mile of a radio etc)

But Ho Ho Ho here's Duke striking back with a jazz Christmas Cracker.Yes it sounds like it should be crap-but it aint!!!

Duke pulls in Bob Cranshaw,Mickey Roker,and Airto for a selection of festive tunes and a very fine spin he puts on them too.The concept appears to be hokey as hell but the reinterpretations are cliche free and have some great moments.As I said I hate Christmas music(if i hear that bloody Slade record again I will pay for someone to shoot Noddy's fucking nuts) but this is really very good.

Edited by sidewinder

Love this bah humbug blog review of Duke P's 'Merry Ole Soul' :D

...here's my only concession to the festive season.Bombarded with shite Christmas songs from all directions (Take That AND Cliff Richard-what a double whammy for complete bollocks this year.One old c**t against five young but even bigger c**ts - tis the season to be utterly despondent if you are within a mile of a radio etc)

But Ho Ho Ho here's Duke striking back with a jazz Christmas Cracker.Yes it sounds like it should be crap-but it aint!!!

Duke pulls in Bob Cranshaw,Mickey Roker,and Airto for a selection of festive tunes and a very fine spin he puts on them too.The concept appears to be hokey as hell but the reinterpretations are cliche free and have some great moments.As I said I hate Christmas music(if i hear that bloody Slade record again I will pay for someone to shoot Noddy's fucking nuts) but this is really very good.

:rofl:

I simply wasn't at home much during the last 4 weeks or didn't have much time to post.

My current favourite to get me in the mood while setting up the Christmas tree this afternoon:

B000B7BRMM.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1128452639_.jpg

No matter what people think of her - I like her singing, find she plays a nice piano and this album one of the most swingin' Xmas affairs.

I just noticed it's 6 pages, because this is last year's thread. So, already it's twice as long as last year. And six pages in 39 days is 0.15 pages per day.

The "Which Mosaic are you enjoying" thread has 109 pages after 940 days; and average of 0.115 pages per day.

Am I a fuckin' nerd or what?

YAY!

MG

I'm surprised there haven't been more posters to this thread over the past month. I guess not many of us here are into Christmas music.

There's no way that I could reasonably list all of the holiday tunes that I've been playing.

I had thought of a weeklong rodcast, but decided to keep at least some of my sanity and

just devote the 24th and 25th to it.