Thank you Organissimo!

Free For All

I was just talking to someone the other day about "sides" and stuff and realized what an inside track on new/obscure/undiscovered stuff/information I have acquired by hanging out here. I have become aware of SO much great music and related info that I might have missed had I not heard about it from the folks who hang here.

I think our hosts, who are obviously appreciative of the contributions as well as being amazingly tolerant of the B.S. that surfaces now and then, need to be thanked. Thank you guys, you have created much wonderful music as well as a great place to hang. I know we can be a pain in the ass frequently, thanks for enduring the B.S. and keeping the vibe here so positive.

And also the members of this board, who have furthered my "jazz education" immeasurably, deserve a significant amount of this appreciation. Thanks to all of you! Sometimes our personal differences get the best of us, but our common ground should create a unity that can certainly survive the conflicts that from time to time arise.

I just felt this needed to be said; I for one sometimes take our freedom here for granted. I hope this place never ceases to exist, 'cause I'm here for the duration. I really don't mean for this to be a "let's pat ourselves on the back" kind of thing- I just feel the need to express some appreciation every now and then so Jim, Joe and Randy know we care.

I was just talking to someone the other day about "sides" and stuff and realized what an inside track on new/obscure/undiscovered stuff/information I have acquired by hanging out here. I have become aware of SO much great music and related info that I might have missed had I not heard about it from the folks who hang here.

I think our hosts, who are obviously appreciative of the contributions as well as being amazingly tolerant of the B.S. that surfaces now and then, need to be thanked. Thank you guys, you have created much wonderful music as well as a great place to hang. I know we can be a pain in the ass frequently, thanks for enduring the B.S. and keeping the vibe here so positive.

And also the members of this board, who have furthered my "jazz education" immeasurably, deserve a significant amount of this appreciation. Thanks to all of you! Sometimes our personal differences get the best of us, but our common ground should create a unity that can certainly survive the conflicts that from time to time arise.

I just felt this needed to be said; I for one sometimes take our freedom here for granted. I hope this place never ceases to exist, 'cause I'm here for the duration. I really don't mean for this to be a "let's pat ourselves on the back" kind of thing- I just feel the need to express some appreciation every now and then so Jim, Joe and Randy know we care.

I'll emphatically second that!

amen.

I should also apologize for putting more than my fair share of the "crap" that Claude speaks of on the board.

:tup Everything Free For All said.

And the search function is terrific too. I've added the Curtis Amy Select to my mental Mosaic order after recently rereading Mr. Sngry's review. And as tastes or interests change it's wonderful to (in my case) dig up threads about music from the '20s to 40s and the players of today. After a few years of mainly buying from the years (roughly) 1956 to '67 I'm trying to average it out by listening more to music from the late '20s thru the '40s and the '90s to today. :lol: There's still a lot to discover and this place is my favorite resource.

Many thanks to everyone involved, from those who post to our hosts. And it is fun to hear the reaction from a friend the 1st time you reply to where you heard about this or that. It's never quite heard right the first time.

"Organwhatismo?"

Never mind the local hazard of Oregonissmo being mistakingly heard. :lol: If y'all ever make a NW swing out here you could tour under that name as long as Joe packs a sitar. ;)

Thanks to the guys of Organissimo!

I particularly enjoy reading comments about albums new and newly reissued. When I get a new album I like to share my thoughts with the group here; and nearly always the thread receives informative comments by posters who know more about the artist than I do.

Thanks to the recommendations of the group, I have purchased albums, particularly from Your Music, that I would not have otherwise, and have yet to be disappointed by the recommendations of the people here. That is not the case with recommendations from other boards, whose posters I no longer trust. (I'm sure they're sincere, I just don't trust their judgment anymore.)

I hope that 2006 will be as beneficial as 2005 was to me! And I hope that my contributions are of value to others as their contributions are to me.

I've gotten a hell of a lot out of this board, too. Things to think about, things to laugh about, and things to listen to. But the friends I've made here (a few of whom I have yet to meet, including a certain "dinosaur rider" with a penchant for snappy one-liners) have been the real gift.

Noj is reading this thread as I type. Had to mention how cool it was to have a member of the org family doing the artwork for the latest CD. :cool:

And I think it looks great, too.

Thanks a lot Joe, I really appreciate you guys giving me the opportunity.

True. I kicked in my New Years $10 last weekend. Who's next?

Same here the week before.

paid my due's already <_< and can only agree with Paul's intro as describing my thoughts as well. Its a great place to openly exchange idea's about music, culture and personal and politcal thoughts beyond "local borders"

Thx Guys !