Youtube.com

Aggie87

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a great clip of the Dave Brubeck Quartet at the height of their power taken from a German television broadcast ... Joe Morello makes it look so damn easy ... what an underappreciated drummer he is. Once again, I apologize if this has been posted before ... It not NOT from Utube.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu4g9_bru...he-a-train-1966

What's up with that movie? A rock opera western? Acid is a helluva drug!

From an IMDB blurb (re: Zacharia):

Gunfights and electric guitars in the Old West? You bet! Zachariah gets a mail order gun, practices a little, and kills a man in the local saloon. He and his friend Matthew set out to become gunfighters, joining with the Crackers, a rock band who are also (pitifully inept) stage robbers. Having quickly outgrown that gang, Zachariah and Matthew set out to become bigtime gunslingers. Before long, they part company and a rivalry grows between them.

-I guess Elvin had an acting gig.

Here is a great clip of the Dave Brubeck Quartet at the height of their power taken from a German television broadcast ... Joe Morello makes it look so damn easy ... what an underappreciated drummer he is. Once again, I apologize if this has been posted before ... It not NOT from Utube.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu4g9_bru...he-a-train-1966

Wow - Brubeck is great on A-Train!

I cannot believe no one has taken my recommendation to check out Hans Groiner :beee::angry:

It is a joke--by a famous jazz pianist...

I thought people here would dig it...

I just checked it out. It's hilarious! I love what he does to the Monk tunes! :rofl:

Very "Spinal Tap"-like. The guy even looks a bit like Christopher Guest.

Thanks, Phil. Sorry I missed this before. :tup

Glad you 2 dug it!!!

Do you recognize who Hans Groiner REALLY is? Organist/pianist...

Thanks Larry for asking about my musical activities--I'm hanging in there. Done quite a few sideman CDs lately that are coming out. Traveling some--still really want to visit Chicago, for my first time. Getting ready now to do my own CD again--I've waited 5 years since my last one--so I know you'll hear more growth in my conception...

But its tough--4 jazz gigs this week(which I'm lucky to have)--total pay $90

:crazy::blush:

More writings from you coming?

Hans Groiner's #1 fan

More writings from me? Maybe some time. I'm thinking of something down the road that will center around jazz but will be more anecdotal/personal -- sometimes amusing and I hope revealing incidents in which I was a witness/participant to the ways in which the music and the individual human beings who make it and listen to it bump into each other. In a few cases, celebrated figures (e.g. Coleman Hawkins, Thad Jones -- hey, perhaps even Stanley Crouch in a supporting role) are involved, but in most cases, not. There might be some fictionalization but only to disguise identities a bit -- I don't want to embarrass anyone. On the other hand, a deceased friend who was a great novelist IMO once told me -- when we were talking about how novelist Gilbert Sorrentino (a onetime friend-mentor of his) had created in his brilliant "Imaginative Qualities of Actual Things" quite recognizable acid portraits of his former close acquaintances in NY bohemian literary circles of the l950s and early '60s -- that the quality of the work outweighs any moral questions of how one treats real people in print, especially of course in fiction. I'm not sure I agree.