Valentine's Day Plans

catesta

I hate getting caught up in this shit but last year I blew it big time and did nothing.

I heard "let's not do anything for Valentine's day" . I thought that meant don't do anything, but aparently it meant we didn't have to go anywhere, but flowers or a little something is always nice. :w

This year I'm sending a Vermont Teddy Bear and doing dinner Manhattan.

It's the least I can do for her putting up with me, plus I don't like to disappoint two years in a row. :)

I hate getting caught up in this shit but last year I blew it big time and did nothing.

I heard "let's not do anything for Valentine's day" . I thought that meant don't do anything, but aparently it meant we didn't have to go anywhere, but flowers or a little something is always nice. :w

This year I'm sending a Vermont Teddy Bear and doing dinner Manhattan.

It's the least I can do for her putting up with me, plus I don't like to disappoint two years in a row. :)

Dude, take her to Tanti Baci Caffe

163 W 10th St

New York, NY 10014

(212) 647-9651

It is awfully romantic, food is very good, and won't make you scratch your wallet. Be sure to eat in the basement.

I bought wife Masha a gift certificate to a local high-falutin' spa. Hour long massage, body wrap, swiss shower[sounds almost dirty!], mani, pedi, etc. I'll be chillin at home, playing some tunes. :tup

Thanks for the recommendation.

I already have reservations at Peasant though. Maybe I'll make a change.

Keep the reservation. do go to tanti Baci some time. Last I remember you could byob. Share a frutti di bosco flown from Italy for desert. It's right around the corner from the VV. Village Jazz Shop used to be upstairs, till it closed about 5 years ago...

"...Right across 7th Ave. from Smalls at 163 W10th is the jazz shop that would be king. With no set hours of operation, the tiny Village Jazz Shop [now closed] is the place where musicians and patrons mingle among stacks of cds, vintage lps, books, T-shirts, and a collection of appropriate art. Owner and jazz raconteur Russ Musto has a special room dedicated to his heroic rare lp collection which is opened by appointment only -- made in person. He runs the store as an indulgence, stating that he'd be embarrassed to live in a city that didn't have a store like his. It's a one of kind place which graces you with the intangible benefits of mom and pop authenticity...."

Gordon Polatnick

I've been dating somebody here in Austin about two weeks, so I'm not really sure how to play it - nothing serious, but we *are* going out on Tuesday. I think dinner and a movie or something mellow... Shit, she already passed the "Frank Wright in the car" test so this could be something... :)

WHOAH, Frank Wright in the car??? I guess I'd never be with my girlfriend (or soon 5 years) if I had tested her like that... :blink:

My SO cooked another fabulous dinner, we exchanged a couple of gifts, and then I laid a ring on her and proposed marriage! She said "Yes", so the wedding plans have begun... (for sometime early next year)...

Glenn my man! Outstanding news! Congratulations!!

I'll look forward to meeting her when I see you in April! :party::party::party:

My SO cooked another fabulous dinner, we exchanged a couple of gifts, and then I laid a ring on her and proposed marriage! She said "Yes", so the wedding plans have begun... (for sometime early next year)...

Cool! Congrats!

I won't lay claim to "SO" yet, but we did go out for sushi and drinks, etc., great time. Plus, she played me some unreleased steel-string guitar music of a friend of hers that was like early, "good" Will Ackerman. The chick's got serious taste!

:tup