are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

I ordered the Evans and Coltrane boxes yesterday, and got confirmation today that the Evans is shipping, but it looks like the Coltrane is gone. :(

I just got a second shipping confirmation for the Coltrane box, saying it's shipped, but the ship date is blank. Fingers are crossed.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered the Evans and Coltrane boxes yesterday, and got confirmation today that the Evans is shipping, but it looks like the Coltrane is gone. :(

I just got a second shipping confirmation for the Coltrane box, saying it's shipped, but the ship date is blank. Fingers are crossed.

Keeping the suspense going....

Its been a week already since I placed my order and no shipping email. I am definitely getting worried now. :(

Well, I obviously won't get my Coltrane box since I only placed the order last night.

Saves me $$$. No need to be upset.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Coltrane box as well, so this saves me some $$$ too.

Edited by riverrat

Just got off the phone w/a CMG CS rep who told me that the Coltrane box is still available.

Had to repeat the phrase "John Coltrane Prestige Recordings box set" to him, since h e apparently had never heard of it before, which is kind of a drag (imagine having to ask a salesman at a Ford dealership if they had any Mustangs on the lot...), but he assured me that it was still available.

Take it for what it's worth.

Ok, here's my wierd one:

big order of singles CDs on 7/12 no confirmation email yet

single order of Coltrane box on 7/17, confirmation email today, with ship date of 7/20.

still hoping on the 1st order ...

i've called and they insist that they are filling all orders in the order received.

somehow i jus don't buy it.

In addition to the questions about what order they are filling the orders in, their order fulfillment is quite strange in and of itself. I was one of the people who received the confirmation e-mail listing 7/18 ship dates for both of my orders placed on Thursday and Friday.

But I have heard nothing since about the orders actually shipping. On the other hand, other people have received tracking numbers. And of course, many people (seemingly the first orders) haven't received any info about shipping. Very strange to the say the least.

I ordered the Trane box set last night (effectively received this morning when their offices reopened.) I received shipping confirmation for 7/21/06. In the meantime, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the email stating that some items might be out of stock.

So unless you have actually received the item, I wouldn't necessarily assume that it will be shipped even if you have a shipping confirmation. How can they confirm a shipping confirmation for 7/21 when that is two days away?

Edited by connoisseur series500

Had to repeat the phrase "John Coltrane Prestige Recordings box set" to him, since h e apparently had never heard of it before, which is kind of a drag (imagine having to ask a salesman at a Ford dealership if they had any Mustangs on the lot...), but he assured me that it was still available.

:lol::lol:

Maybe they've hired some temp workers in order to handle the extra Organissimo orders.

still no shipping confirmation.

I'm with you. Feels almost like one of those hostage situations, where they let some out every few hours yet we still don't know the fate of our loved ones.

OK, it's NOTHING like that. No need to be overly dramatic about this. Still, if anyone feels like praying for our orders to be fulfilled...

Edited by Quincy

I ordered 33 CD's plus the Coltrane Box last Wednesday, and have heard nothing since. Order #5584.

I feel like the 12th man who hasn't been called in to play yet.

That's spooky. I ordered 33 plus the Coltrane Box last Wednesday and have heard nothing since too. Order #5589.

<Insert theremin music>

Edited by Quincy

[Maybe they've hired some temp workers in order to handle the extra Organissimo orders.

According to the latest round of Concord e-mails, my orders were filled by some guy named 'Chewy, Chew Chew's Brother' and they've all been packed with the wrong cds and sent to the wrong address!!

:rofl::rofl::lol::lol::rofl::rofl: