are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

Their customer service line that I called this morning is the worst. I had sent out an e-mail immediately after placing my order this weekend asking that several minor changes be made to it and they never responded even though I had sent it twice. Now they say it is too late. Then I asked about the free shipping on orders over $100 (mine was nearly $450) and they said it doesn't apply to this order even though their FAQs say different.

http://concordmusicgroup.com/aboutus/?category=FAQ

The lady on the phone was pretty stern and unfriendly about my questions and I didn't get much assistance at all.

:angry:

Edited by trane_fanatic

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the Customer Service personal are bitter because they can read the writing on the wall and realize that their jobs might be in jeopardy after the warehouses of back stock are cleared out by sniveling, impatient jazz obsessives eager to save a few bucks in an apocolyptic sale...

:unsure:

:g

...sniveling, impatient jazz obsessives eager to save a few bucks in an apocolyptic sale...

:unsure:

:g

That description fits me to a tee. :lol:

Believe me, I had a pleasant, amiable tone all through our phone conversation. She just sounded in a really bad mood. :(

Edited by trane_fanatic

You could have just been the 999th person to call and ask the same question. I wonder if they were expecting this kind of house cleaning. Thank god we don't have to physically be there to take the cds off their hands..... it could have been ugly!

Edited by Stefan Wood

Reminds me of my retail days, where the store advertised items nearly at cost and some cheapskate would ask "Is there a quantity discount?"

Whether or not free shipping happens, I think most of us can afford to pay for shipping when the price is $2.98 per CD.

But if you got a confirmation showing free shipping, they would be hard pressed to defend charging more if you complained to your credit card issuer.

Order just placed for Coltrane box. Only $4 shipping via Fed Ex ground.

I added my order for the Coltrane box yesterday, but let's see if we get them. No shipping confirmation yet, or on my first order from last week. Grrr ... :angry: well not angry, but anxious.

And then later I can complain about how much I haven't listened to yet !

Order just placed for Coltrane box. Only $4 shipping via Fed Ex ground.

I added my order for the Coltrane box yesterday, but let's see if we get them. No shipping confirmation yet, or on my first order from last week. Grrr ... :angry: well not angry, but anxious.

And then later I can complain about how much I haven't listened to yet !

I'm not concerned. I'm sure they have more than enough copies for all of us. I doubt that they would have held the sale without having a large supply to get rid of.

What is the "highest" order number on this list ... somewhere in the 6000 area? I am certain that their order number must have started at about 5500. Does anyone have a lower number than this?

My reason for asking is that I wonder exactly how many CD-buying jazz fans are left in the United States to take advantage of this sale? We may be looking at less than 1,000 people, and THAT number may be high!

Let's face it folks, we are a highly self-selecting group here ...

Edited by garthsj

What is the "highest" order number on this list ... somewhere in the 6000 area? I am certain that their order number must have started at about 5500. Does anyone have a lower number than this?

My reason for asking is that I wonder exactly how many CD-buying jazz fans are left in the United States to take advantage of this sale? We may be looking at less than 1,000 people, and THAT number may be high!

Let's face it folks, where are highly self-selecting group here ...

I placed an order for one of my overseas friends from our community tonight and it was 5860. My order last Wednesday afternoon was 5559, so a little over 300 orders in about a week. Seems like most of those literally would be from this community.

WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT THAT WOULD BE THE BESTEST SHIT EVER IF CONCORD SOLD EM ALL TO COSTCO. COTSCO WOULD KEEP THEM AT 9 OR MAYBE 10.99 AND WOULD PROB. EVEN REPACKAGE THEM IN THOSE EARLY 90S STYLE PLAIN CARDBOARD CASINGS W/ CELLOPHANE AROUND IT LIKE COSTCO STILL LIKES SO MUCH. MAYBE THE WOULD EVEN GIVE **FREE SAMPLES** OF 'EM JUST LIKE THEY DO WITH CHEESE DOODLES. CHEWY IS IN FAVOUR OF THE COSTCO BUYOUT.

I placed an order for one of my overseas friends from our community tonight and it was 5860. My order last Wednesday afternoon was 5559, so a little over 300 orders in about a week. Seems like most of those literally would be from this community.

I posted a link to this at an audio forum and that generated some orders. I bet that there are many others ordering besides the fish in this little pond.

I posted a link to this at an audio forum and that generated some orders. I bet that there are many others ordering besides the fish in this little pond.

I posted this sale over on the Steve Hoffman forums and it looks like Concord got quite a few sales from that place too.

I posted this sale over on the Steve Hoffman forums and it looks like Concord got quite a few sales from that place too.

You all should get some fees from Concord!

:D

My order arrived at my house this morning. Coltrane and Evans boxes, plus another 70 or so single CDs, all very well packaged. This really was a terrific deal. Can't wait to start digging into all this great music!

Edited by ianfaith