Sports: NBA 2006-2007

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch the game, but I wish I had. 42 point spread?! Ouch! The Heat are going to have a VERY hard time this year. Just like every other champion, they have a huge target on their backs and every team is going to bring their A game against them.

I still think the Pistons will win the East this year, although Cleveland and Chicago are going to give them hell.

I predict the Heat will start sloppy and finish strong like last year. Shaq doesn't care much about the regular season.

I'm interested to see how good the Pistons will be without Ben Wallace. I think they won't be nearly as good.

Andrew Bynum is the future. 19 years old.

I think the Pistons will be better than last year. I really like Nazr (he can score and defend) and their bench is vastly improved from last year. Will they win 64 games again? Probably not, since I think they learned it's better to be rested going into the playoffs than have a 14 game lead over your nearest division rival.

But who knows? They looked very good in the pre-season and that was mainly with the bench players.

I think the Pistons will be better than last year. I really like Nazr (he can score and defend) and their bench is vastly improved from last year.

I hope Nazr Mohammed reaches his potential with the Pistons. He never did with the Spurs. He can score, and he can defend, but he's not aggressive or strong (IMO). Or he's never seemingly played that way.

Nazr Mohammed=not Ben Wallace.

Nope. For one thing, he can score! :D

I love Big Ben and wish him well in Chicago, but he obviously didn't fit very well in Flip's system. The players Detroit has now fit extremely well and, like I said, the bench is very much improved over last season. I think they will be formidable this year.

The race for 1st place in the central is going to be tought this year -- Detroit, Chicago and Cleveland are all going to be really good. I think the ranking will be Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland. LeBron will get better but he needs a lot of help -- the rest of his team isn't good.

Go Warriors!

Guy

Edited by Guy

Watch the Sonic game and boy, did Brandon Roy look good! Sonic have serious troubles at center, though Wilcox scored 17 points in 23 minutes. Might be a long winter for the Sonics, and, they need to get a new arena deal with the city if they want to stay -- fat chance, people seem to be dead set against tax money going for that.

Watch the Sonic game and boy, did Brandon Roy look good!

Yeah, the Blazers were passing it out to him at crunch time, and he played great defense on Ray Allen near the end too. He didn't play like a rookie last night that's for sure.

I haven't seen such reason to be optimistic about the Blazers in a long time. There's a good deal of potential to build on with Roy, Jack, and maybe Webster (out with a bad back I believe.) Randolph's legs are back in shape too. And they made free throws! Probably not a playoff team but I do believe they've climbed out of rock bottom. No more Jail Blazers, now it's Jail Pacers.

The Pistons gave up 68 points in the paint last night.

I'm very happy to see Ronny Turiaf contributing for the Lakers, after heart surgery kept him out last year and never playing again was a possibility. He and Maurice Evans are some real hustle players, something the Lakers have lacked for the last few seasons.

I expect Jordan Farmar to replace Smush Parker in the starting lineup quickly. Only Sasha Vujacic has looked worse than Smush.

The Pistons gave up 68 points in the paint last night.

I'm very happy to see Ronny Turiaf contributing for the Lakers, after heart surgery kept him out last year and never playing again was a possibility. He and Maurice Evans are some real hustle players, something the Lakers have lacked for the last few seasons.

I expect Jordan Farmar to replace Smush Parker in the starting lineup quickly. Only Sasha Vujacic has looked worse than Smush.

I can't believe the Warriors lost to the Lakers sans Kobe. This is going to be a long season. :blink:

Guy