NFL chat thread

Raiders need d-line and o-line and linebackers, so of course they drafted a wide receiver (not Crabtree, who was available) and a safety. Kill me.

Rai-Duhs draft choices (and personnel decisions in general) are always perplexing.

Won't get better until Al Davis is put out to pasture IMO.

Edited by T.D.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboys have no picks in the first 2 rounds?????

They traded their first round pick to Detroit last year, for WR Roy Williams. And they had a 2nd rounder, but traded down after center Max Unger got drafted.

I think the Cowboys had a poor draft this year, and don't see any of their picks being starters. Maybe a few years down the road.

The Cowboys' practice facility collapsed today, with about 70 people in it, during a heavy storm. It was apparently one of those bubble type facilities.

Nobody was killed, but special teams coach Joe DeCamilis suffered a broken back according to cnn.com. DeCamilis is Dan Reeve's son-in-law.

Edited by Aggie87

I saw that on CNN, the first thing that popped into my head was..."the Cowboys always find some way to get on the news". :lol:

...but seriously, it looked nasty from the film clips, hope everyone recovers from their injuries.

Unfortunately, there's one very serious injury.

IRVING, Texas (AP)—A Dallas Cowboys scouting assistant was permanently paralyzed from the waist down after his spine was severed during the collapse of the team’s tent-like practice structure in a severe storm.

The team announced Rich Behm was in stable condition at Parkland Hospital on Sunday after surgery to stabilize a fracture to the thoracic spine.

The 33-year-old Behm was among a dozen people hurt in the accident Saturday, and was one of three Cowboys staffers who remained hospitalized.

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the attitude toward Mike Vick's leaving prison and his inevitable effort to return to the NFL?

As most of you would guess, no one was more sickened by the acts to which he plead guilty. But for me the bottom line is that he has paid his debt to society, or at least the incarceration part of it, and he should be allowed to return, if any NFL team will take him. This country is all about second chances, second acts, screwing up and seeking redemption. He's paid a heavy price and if he demonstrates remorse and a willingness to do more to make up for his transgressions, he should resume his career.

I am guessing though that the commish won't let him back very soon. He's paid his debt to society but not playing football while incarcerated isn't the same as being punished by not being allowed to play football when he's a free man. I expect he'll miss another season before the commish will consider his application.

I pretty much agree with Dan (rare event?): if Vick has done his time, he could play tomorrow for all I care. No opinion on what the NFL commissioner may say or do; I reckon that's part of the shit Vick has to deal with.

I don't know if its that rare - I'm pretty sure we both agree that Bonds used steroids. :g

Yep. I was sickened, too. But Vick has paid/is paying his debt and should be allowed to resume his NFL career. He is also making some overtures to the humane society about starting an outreach effort to inner city kids about evils/perils of dog fighting. ... In any case, he's done his time. I'll be rooting for him.

What happened to the dogs, btw? I remember reading that most (if not all) were taken to rescue facilities to live out their lives.

What happened to the dogs, btw? I remember reading that most (if not all) were taken to rescue facilities to live out their lives.

I saw something on the evening news about some of the dogs who were taken to one of these rescue facilities. They seemed to be healing both physically and mentally and were doing very well for the most part (although there were some nasty looking scars), and some were even working as "comfort" dogs in hospitals and retirement homes. Amazing that animals who were so badly abused still had the resilience to be happy and affectionate.

Edited by Free For All

• 3 weeks later...

I am guessing though that the commish won't let him back very soon. He's paid his debt to society but not playing football while incarcerated isn't the same as being punished by not being allowed to play football when he's a free man. I expect he'll miss another season before the commish will consider his application.

I've heard on Dan Patrick and read elsewhere that a guess is at least a 4 game suspension, perhaps a game or 2 more but not a full season. Like you what he did sickens me, but like you say, he did indeed serve time. It's often been said if you want to try to imagine what doing prison time is like lock yourself in your bathroom. Then throw in everything else in the prison environment you're not getting with your recreation. Yikes. What he did was horrible, but the NFL has allowed just as bad if not worse back in with lighter (if any) sentences served. If he can handle it, let him play and face the wrath.

Edited by Quincy

Not to side with Stallworth he was speeding and drinking/driving but the guy ran out in front of an approaching car and wasn't in the crosswalk. He played a small part in his own death.

If Stallworth wasn't speeding and drinking he might have got off

In Tucson people jay walk all the time and get hit and killed and most of the time the driver gets off if they didn't do anything wrong

I saw a lady jay walking and pushing a baby stroller across a very very busy street and the crosswalk was 15 yards away. She should get a ticket for child endangerment and jay walking

Stallworth messed up and got off somewhat easy

Wait till Goodell gets a hold of him. Goodell doesn't tolerate any BS PERIOD

The Browns will cut him and he should be suspended for the season

All above IMO

Edited by Soulstation1