NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favre might be a tool, but there's no doubt that he makes the Vikings a legitimate Super Bowl threat. With that great offensive line and running game, and now Mr. Gunslinger, things will get interesting indeed.

Until he throws those 4th quarter interceptions that kill the drives......I have some friends who are Jets season ticket holders and they couldn't wait until he got out of town- he took the Jets out of the playoffs.

Favre might be a tool, but there's no doubt that he makes the Vikings a legitimate Super Bowl threat. With that great offensive line and running game, and now Mr. Gunslinger, things will get interesting indeed.

Until he throws those 4th quarter interceptions that kill the drives......I have some friends who are Jets season ticket holders and they couldn't wait until he got out of town- he took the Jets out of the playoffs.

During the first half of the year all the Jets fans were slobbering over him, then when he got injured and his play suffered as a result they wanted to lynch him. Typical behavior for the NY teams apparently. (they wanted Coughlin's scalp...until he won a Superbowl)

The saving grace for Favre in Minnesota is the presence of Adrian Peterson. Having a legitimate passing threat will free up all kinds of room for Peterson to run wild.

The Faiders are in mid-season form

Cable, Bomaye!!!

Cable, Bomaye!!!

Cable, Bomaye!!!

The guy goes to the hospital with a broken jaw and 'nothing happened'?! WTF!!!

One set of NFL rules for players. Another set for coaches.

edit: And a third set for Raiders coaches. ;)

Edited by paul secor

Vick belongs on the Cowboys- where players go for second chances.

I'm actually surprised Jerry Jones didn't snatch him up - he's usually infatuated with players like Vick - mainly because they're notorious and (in Jones' mind) create more curiousity for his team.... not that they may actually be beneficial on the field. IMO of course.

You don't think..... no, it couldn't be.... it's just too unreal to consider..... maybe Jerry's learned something after all these years?

Most of y'all think I'm a bad person anyway, so I'll say this publicly: I'm hoping to see Favre stretchered off the field into permanent retirement.

Note I did not say "with a life-changing brain injury" or "for a lengthy hospital stay".

Plus it would be nice karmic justice for the way he's fed his ego the last several years. Especially nice if a Packers LB does it to him, in fact.

Agree completely. Nothing would be sweeter than to see the Packers' entire defensive line put a big fat red target on Favre's ass on October 1 and and make sure he doesn't make it past the 1st drive of the 1st quarter.

Not only does this new television screen get in the way of the game, but it's so large, it's also a distraction for the fans. The only thing in the state of Texas that's bigger than the state of Texas is Jerry Jones' ego. If the 'Boys went 0-16 every season, that wouldn't be good enough for me.

On a more somber note, I'm worried about my Eagle's. First Brian Dawkins is allowed to walk, then Jimmy Johnson passes away and, finally, Stewart Bradley screws up his knee and is out for the year. Combine this with the M.A.S.H. unit also known as their offensive line and all the scoring in the world isn't going keep the good ship Philadelphia afloat.

Up over and out.

Not only does this new television screen get in the way of the game, but it's so large, it's also a distraction for the fans. The only thing in the state of Texas that's bigger than the state of Texas is Jerry Jones' ego. If the 'Boys went 0-16 every season, that wouldn't be good enough for me.

On a more somber note, I'm worried about my Eagle's. First Brian Dawkins is allowed to walk, then Jimmy Johnson passes away and, finally, Stewart Bradley screws up his knee and is out for the year. Combine this with the M.A.S.H. unit also known as their offensive line and all the scoring in the world isn't going keep the good ship Philadelphia afloat.

Up over and out.

I share all of those concerns. Too many question marks for the team that many(not me) have picked as Super Bowl bound.

Ellis Hobbs gave up a long td to Reggie Wayne, and apparently the Eagle's fans are jumping on him. Pats have suffered with Hobbs throughout the three or so years he's been playing for the team. He's a scrappy little corner, but routinely gets burned. He's good at returning kicks, but should never be a starting corner. Perhaps he will be fine as a nickel. He gets tons of PI calls against him as well. I think Bill Belichick knew what he was doing when he decided to let this young player go.

Here's something I didn't know:

"(O)nly eight NFL teams enter this season with the same head coach and offensive and defensive coordinators who began last year, including the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. There are 11 new head coaches, 11 new offensive coordinators and a whopping 22 new defensive coordinators since this time a year ago. Even special teams coordinators weren't spared, with 12 teams making changes."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/foot...article1261008/

Edited by GA Russell

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I enjoy watching Favre play. Judging from the preseason game in Houston, he looks just fine. He didn't have much in the way of a deep ball, but that'll come.

Also think Harvin could add a lot to that team this season (once he masters the art of catching the ball on the deep corner route).

I'm liking the Vikes this year.

And the big screens in Dallas are ridiculous. I can't believe they won't be more than a little distracting for the fans, and the players.