Where's Christiern?

Big Al

I mean, it was one thing when Rainy Day posted here and he didn't respond. Now we've got a Crouch thread, and again, no response.

Did something happen in the political forum that drove him away? I mean, his signature's gone, his avatar's gone.... the last time he did something like this was over at JC. At least here, he hasn't deleted his posts.

Just wonderin'....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, it was one thing when Rainy Day posted here and he didn't respond. Now we've got a Crouch thread, and again, no response.

Did something happen in the political forum that drove him away? I mean, his signature's gone, his avatar's gone.... the last time he did something like this was over at JC. At least here, he hasn't deleted his posts.

Just wonderin'....

I don't know but he has been posting the articles he used to post here over at allaboutjazz.com recently.

I think he got upset when I moderated and/or closed some threads of his that were, in my opinion, just fueling an unnecessary fire. It is unfortunate he chose to leave, but that is his choice.

I have no idea what happened to Fitzgerald. People come and people go, I suppose.

I thought it felt like a kinder, gentler board lately!!! :P

I subscribe to the NYT. I can cut and paste any op-ed piece from there if you'd like me to in al-Bertson's stead.

I don't presume to speak for Chris, but I believe there is a connection between the appearance on this board of Scott Dolan and Chris' disappearance. I don't know what their common history is, but Chris does not respect Dolan's political opinions, and Dolan in turn acts obnoxiously and resorts to silly name-calling (see above).

I think he got upset when I moderated and/or closed some threads of his that were, in my opinion, just fueling an unnecessary fire. It is unfortunate he chose to leave, but that is his choice.

I have no idea what happened to Fitzgerald. People come and people go, I suppose.

I thought it felt like a kinder, gentler board lately!!! :P

:lol:

Chris' last visit was on November 30, his last post dates from October 28. Same goes for Michael Fitzgerald, he's been absent since November 2005.

Both are invaluable sources of music knowledge. Come back, guys!

Very True! But unfortunately, in Chris' case at least, he seemed far more interested in posting about politics than about jazz. That's his right, of course, but I'm more interested in his "music knowledge." If he did leave simply because Dolan arrived, well that's just pathetic.

Chris' last visit was on November 30, his last post dates from October 28. Same goes for Michael Fitzgerald, he's been absent since November 2005.

Both are invaluable sources of music knowledge. Come back, guys!

Very True! But unfortunately, in Chris' case at least, he seemed far more interested in posting about politics than about jazz. That's his right, of course, but I'm more interested in his "music knowledge." If he did leave simply because Dolan arrived, well that's just pathetic.

I said it with the hope that he'd come back and post about music. I also love his thread about the odd snippets of memorabilia he has in storage.

I subscribe to the NYT. I can cut and paste any op-ed piece from there if you'd like me to in al-Bertson's stead.

I don't presume to speak for Chris, but I believe there is a connection between the appearance on this board of Scott Dolan and Chris' disappearance. I don't know what their common history is, but Chris does not respect Dolan's political opinions, and Dolan in turn acts obnoxiously and resorts to silly name-calling (see above).

What? Because I refer to him as al-Bertson?

Hell, he never seemed to have a problem with Johnny E blowing apart at the seems, now did he? Neither do you, by the way.

So why not bark up another tree? I didn't do jack shit to him, and he intentionally started a thread to see if he could get me fired up which Jim later deleted.

Do some reasearch before relaying the story, my friend.

Hell, he never seemed to have a problem with Johnny E blowing apart at the seems, now did he? Neither do you, by the way.

So why not bark up another tree? I didn't do jack shit to him, and he intentionally started a thread to see if he could get me fired up which Jim later deleted.

:rofl:

Al-bertson is not the only demeaning name you hung on Chris; you also referred to him several times as "Granny".

Johnny E is irrelevant to the discussion. Nice red herring, though.

I stand by what I wrote, which attempted to pinpoint the reason Chris Albertson left this board.

Al-bertson is not the only demeaning name you hung on Chris; you also referred to him several times as "Granny".

And why did I start calling him that, BM?

Let me answer that for you. Because he started calling me a troll. And as I told Mr. E, if you don't want to play rough, don't thow the first punch. And for gods sake, don't start whining because I hit you back acting as though you did nothing to warrant the return fire. Talk about a red herring.

And if he left this place simply because I started posting here, that's rather bizarre. Don't you think?

It was better before you arrived. 96% of your posts are in the political forum and the rest seem to be in ones like this where you get in an arguement with someone. Have you ever posted in a music thread? Do you even like jazz?

Oh, so if someone posts significantly more in the political forum than anywhere else and likes to argue with people they don't agree with, their presence here should be questioned?

Johnny E

Dr. Funkenstein

Member Group: Members

Active Stats

User's local time Dec 8 2006, 08:20 PM

Total Cumulative Posts 5543

( 4 posts per day / 0.99% of total forum posts )

Most active in Politics

( 6692 posts / 88% of this member's active posts )