Post your favorite LP cover.

michel1969

I don't have a single favorite, but these are high on my list...

farmer_art~_artjapane_101b.jpg

(I like it way better without the "STEREO STEREO STEREO" across the top :rolleyes: )

jsorgan1-1.jpg

Kessel3.jpg

SwingGuitars.jpg

jam_1.JPG

Not the greatest scan... anyway my original Mercury LP looks better than this Verve issue

I have a hard time choosing between graphic art and photography. I also tend to pick the ones that I own and have a sentimental attachment to (the only one here I don't have on vinyl is the Art Farmer).

Okay, I'm a dirty old man, but this was a favorite when I bought it the year it came out. . . so I was a dirty young man.

Free_albumcover.jpg

lon - pardon my ignorance - which album is this?

It's the second album by the band "Free". . .selftitled (but not on the front).

I have a pet name for this record, but I'll not post it. :cool:

(I like it way better without the "STEREO STEREO STEREO" across the top :rolleyes: )

[

Here's the cover of the mono edition:

Lpmikamitakeshi%20125.jpg

It's funny you should bring these up. I have a cadet re-issue that has one of the most ridiculas covers I have ever seen. Best as I can figure they just took the four color film and printed it black only.

[

Here's the cover of the mono edition:

Lpmikamitakeshi%20125.jpg

It's funny you should bring these up. I have a cadet re-issue that has one of the most ridiculas covers I have ever seen. Best as I can figure they just took the four color film and printed it black only.

My god, I had erased that from memory... I had that same issue, 15 or so years ago! I bought it via mail order, and let's just say I knew I was getting a reissue, but had no idea that the cover was going to be butchered to THAT extent. It still turns my stomach to see that... what in the hell were they thinking? :bad: Oh well, I kept it until I got the CD, because it's great music. I also recall another Argo reissue that was butchered like that... I think it was the Johnny Griffin. All I can say is, that whole operation must have been breaking some laws. ^_^

Btw, thanks to Peter for posting that mono cover! :cool::tup