So How You Feelin' This Holiday Season?

It's snowing as I type this. Those who like to take pictures of a boatload of snow especially at this time of the year. I guess Christmas for me at this paticular moment boils down to staying warm and keeping my ass on the road. :)

How much are you supposed to get?

We got socked with 15 inches a couple of weeks back. Felt like Christmas that weekend!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I had hernia surgery. Today (my birthday) I'm on pain medication, listening to Dexter, and counting my blessings. Season's best to all of you!

Thank you...and David, you're on pain medication

so you're feelin pretty good this holiday season, eh?

Rod

---

Now playing: Cheekyboy - Biggie's Last Christmas

It's snowing as I type this. Those who like to take pictures of a boatload of snow especially at this time of the year. I guess Christmas for me at this paticular moment boils down to staying warm and keeping my ass on the road. :)

How much are you supposed to get?

We got socked with 15 inches a couple of weeks back. Felt like Christmas that weekend!!

Possibly up to a foot in town and much higher in the mountains. It couldn't come at a better time. We have all kind of skiers coming in from out of town and Wolf Creek Ski Area better have the fire standing by because those people will definitely be heating uo the cash registers. :lol:

Edited by chris olivarez

Put me in the "spirit hasn't hit me yet" camp. I've certainly had worse Christmases, and any Christmas that doesn't involve me doing a community theater Christmas play (like I did in '02) is a good Christmas.

Nothing to complain about, but then again nothing to really jump & shout about, either. Just..... there, I guess.

Man, we're a bunch of wet blankets. I have a 400+ page report due on... drum roll please... the morning of January 2.

Have you started yet?

Yes... I'm not nearly that bad. It's already over 400 pages. However, I'm finding that editing a document of this length poses unique challenges - my previous record was something like 125 pages.

Was listening to some Christmas music on the way home and played Rosemary Clooney's wistful version of "Christmas Time is Here." That perfectly captured my mood: wistful, longing for the wide-eyed joy of Christmas I had when I was a kid.

Sadly, it will never happen.

But I do get to relive it somewhat through my wide-eyed 6 y.o. son.

Man, that's worth its weight in gold.

David, follow doctors orders. . . on the pain medication dosage AND other things! :)

Want you to have a speedy recovery.

Thanks. I was just about to skip some pain meds, but decided to obey orders...at least until tomorrow.

David

I had the double inguinal surgery about a year and a half ago. I couldn't believe how painful it was...and I took the meds. Catching the stomach flu 24 hours after leaving the hospital and having dry heaves with all that lovely new stitching was the worst thing I've ever experienced. Good luck & a quick recovery to ya!!

Was listening to some Christmas music on the way home and played Rosemary Clooney's wistful version of "Christmas Time is Here." That perfectly captured my mood: wistful, longing for the wide-eyed joy of Christmas I had when I was a kid.

Sadly, it will never happen.

Perhaps not, but that's never stopped me form trying. Sometimes I think I end up shooting myself in the foot by trying too hard. I think that's the case this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits me Christmas Eve, after church, driving home in the dark and quiet.

But I do get to relive it somewhat through my wide-eyed 6 y.o. son.

Man, that's worth its weight in gold.

Same here with my wide-eyed 10-year-old. Watching him in the holiday spirit makes Christmas that much more enjoyable.