Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bixieland

I've been listening to the Coltrane Impulse Vol. 3. Sounds very good. I like having these boxes with the lp material.

Me too. I REALLY like the sound of these recent Impulse/verve remasters. I don't have any of the new Impulse boxes (yet), but I do a few of the single issues -- like "ellington/trane" and the sound is fantastic. I also like the original LP concept. No bonus, no fluff...just the records. Perfect!

Disc 1 - Coltrane the Classic Quartet the (Almost :w) Complete Impulse Studio Sessions..

For those of you who haven't gotten it (or the original records..) I got this brand new set (normally $100) for $40 over at tower.com :excited: :excited: :excited: A F***ing steal!!!!

It's now up to a whopping $45.....

http://www.tower.com/classic-quartet-compl.../wapi/106613921

Well, I'm not sure it quite qualifies as a "box," but I'm enjoying disc 1 of the Oscar Peterson/Fred Astaire Complete Norman Granz Sessions put out by Jazz Factory (and yeah, I really wish Verve had put it out). Lovely work by all concerned, and Astaire is beautifully mic'd.

greg mo

Well, I'm not sure it quite qualifies as a "box," but I'm enjoying disc 1 of the Oscar Peterson/Fred Astaire Complete Norman Granz Sessions put out by Jazz Factory (and yeah, I really wish Verve had put it out). Lovely work by all concerned, and Astaire is beautifully mic'd.

greg mo

It's more accurate to say "I really wish Verve had not let it go out of print." They put it out on two cds. This is probably a "borrowing" of that release.