Happy Birthday to King Ubu!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot, everybody.

It was rather tough since I was in the army: my second to last annual repetition of three weeks - being in the Swiss Army Band it's mainly practising some stupid music from pseudo-classical to badly arranged popular stuff, boring marches and cheapo army staple stuff... anyway, Switzerland still having compulsory military service, I decided I would not take the easy way out (doctor or shrink) but instead opt for a troup with no arms, and that's it...

I'm glad to be back home, and of course delighted to see this thread!

Thank you Paul for starting it!

Thanks Clifford, brother in love of Joe Malinga!

Thanks brownie - I still hope to make it to Paris some day...

Thanks to his Bobness, this is the real birthday, no need for official ones, I'm not a royalist, and not royalty either, outside of this board... :w

Thanks seven - still liking Jon Hassell!

Thank you MG - de nada! it was my pleasure - still I had no time to play your BFT yet, alas :(

Thank you Erik - did the computer arrive at any conclusion by now? ;)

Thanks never - you're ancient by now, I assume... :P

Thank you Mike, I hope indeed I can make it! Do you know where the concert will take place? I can't open the site your signature links to!

Thank you bichos, Agustín, David, John, Colin, Simon, Adrian, Mark, Barak, Paul, Lon, Jon, Chris, Paul (reminds me to play your disc again soon!), Dan, Bentsy, Quincy, Gene, Brad, Evan, Chuck, medjuck, GA, Guy, rachel, and Berigan (and last but not least, Jaco, too)!

Thank you Mike, I hope indeed I can make it! Do you know where the concert will take place? I can't open the site your signature links to!

Have the same trouble opening Mikail's site when using Opera - when I use Internet Explorer it works. Here's what info it has on the two Swiss dates:

Mikail Aslan Ensemble ,Zürich

Yer: Zürich

Tarih: 29 Nisan 2007 Pazar

Saat: 16:00

Schützenmatt Strasse 1-B

8180 Zürich

Mikail Aslan Ensemble,Basel

Yer: Basel

Tarih: 30 Nisan 2007 Pazartesi

Saat: 18:30

Sternenhofstr.15

4153 Basel

Hazal

Kontakt:o79 712 07 21

That's the dates I had posted in my signature just reversed!

I will SMS you once we're in town.

Edited by mikeweil

So the Zurich concert is on Sunday 29th at 16:00? - just to put it into my agenda the right way!

I went looking for the address... this is not actually in Zurich but in Bülach, a small town close to Zurich. Should be easy to find, I assume - use this link to find a map:

http://map.search.ch/8180-buelach/schuetzenmattstr.1b

So the Zurich concert is on Sunday 29th at 16:00? - just to put it into my agenda the right way!

I went looking for the address... this is not actually in Zurich but in Bülach, a small town close to Zurich. Should be easy to find, I assume - use this link to find a map:

http://map.search.ch/8180-buelach/schuetzenmattstr.1b

So that's in the afternoon ..... I wonder if this is a concert or some wedding hall festival with terrible sound. I will check it as soon as possible. :rolleyes:

there's one person with a name that would fit (I checked the phone-book, got the map from there, too - looks like it's some kind of industrial building, located between railway and "autobahn"...)

Let me know if you know more (better by email, I might miss it here)!

Thanks never - you're ancient by now, I assume... :P

[...]

I decided I would not take the easy way out (doctor or shrink) but instead opt for a troupe with no arms, and that's it...

Time to start a countdown again, me thinks ... if only for the birthday cakes. BTW: Whatever happened to Maren? She came up with GREAT cakes every single time. ;)

A troupe with no arms sounds like a German unit. ;)

Hope you had a great one.

Keep jazzin' it up, Flurin.

Cheers!

• 11 months later...