I'm a-gettin' hitched!

We're throwing a big party this Sunday night, and putting a few minutes of wedding vows in the middle of it. I'm looking forward to the celebration; friends and family, bar-b-que from a great place here in town, beer and wine flowing, an R&B band of some of my best friends. But that pales in comparison to how much I'm looking forward to going through life with such a good woman.

This is the second go-'round for me, and her first/only time. We're both well into our forties (that's age, not malt liquor) and it really is a cool thing that we have more-fully developed personalities and lives that we can bring to each other. I'm all about the "growing old together" thing, but I think it's good that I've been able to do some growing up on my own.

Anyway, family and other out-of-town guests start arriving this afternoon, so I'm not sure how much forum time I'll have in the next few days. So, if you think of it on Sunday evening, raise a glass in our honor!

We're throwing a big party this Sunday night, and putting a few minutes of wedding vows in the middle of it. I'm looking forward to the celebration; friends and family, bar-b-que from a great place here in town, beer and wine flowing, an R&B band of some of my best friends. But that pales in comparison to how much I'm looking forward to going through life with such a good woman.

This is the second go-'round for me, and her first/only time. We're both well into our forties (that's age, not malt liquor) and it really is a cool thing that we have more-fully developed personalities and lives that we can bring to each other. I'm all about the "growing old together" thing, but I think it's good that I've been able to do some growing up on my own.

Anyway, family and other out-of-town guests start arriving this afternoon, so I'm not sure how much forum time I'll have in the next few days. So, if you think of it on Sunday evening, raise a glass in our honor!

She must be a good woman to let you do the "big party" type wedding. If I ever do it a second time, that's the way I'm going out.

Congratulations and best of luck to you both! :tup:party::cool:

kcd00127070.jpg