mikeweil

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An all time fave

2674.jpg

MG

24th and Broadway. I know that traffic island. That white car on the right is turning off 24th.

I went there on my first visit to New York.

Unfortunately, there was no beautiful girl...

MG

You must have been there in the middle of the night, in the dead of Winter...

Well, actually, I meant walking along pretending to be elegantly overbalancing.

The middle of the night would have been a good time to see some girls, but not in the same way, of course.

MG

I've always liked that Braff cover, too, and told Ruby that. He told me it's a composite, that it's a phony. You can imagine the disdain with which he would say it.

He said the shot of him was taken for publicity photos for a Broadway show in which he appeared onstage (the name of which I've forgotten, but the experts on Organissimo will no doubt remember).

If you look closely, you'll see that the light is indeed differently shadowed on him than the rest of the room, especially on the woman. I think Ruby thought that people would think it was his landlady or something -- that he was living in a boarding house, and that was wrong!

I've always liked that Braff cover, too, and told Ruby that. He told me it's a composite, that it's a phony. You can imagine the disdain with which he would say it.

He said the shot of him was taken for publicity photos for a Broadway show in which he appeared onstage (the name of which I've forgotten, but the experts on Organissimo will no doubt remember).

If you look closely, you'll see that the light is indeed differently shadowed on him than the rest of the room, especially on the woman. I think Ruby thought that people would think it was his landlady or something -- that he was living in a boarding house, and that was wrong!

Could be true but Ruby lies.

" Jazz album covers you like " ? -- makes about as much sense as starting a " jazz recordings you like " thread !

I love cover art as much as anyone here ( though I don't endorse the call some here have made for a cover art forum ), but I think we need to frame threads with a rubric or theme of some specificity ( we need to become Rooster-farians ) in order to make threads more manageable . For instance , if the following cover was the start of a thread called , " Album covers featuring Altec M11 tube mics " ,

12stereoLP2%20188.jpg

then how long would it be before someone posted this :

AltecM11mic.jpg

:crazy::crazy: :crazy:

An all time fave

2674.jpg

MG

24th and Broadway. I know that traffic island. That white car on the right is turning off 24th.

I went there on my first visit to New York.

Unfortunately, there was no beautiful girl...

MG

You must have been there in the middle of the night, in the dead of Winter...

Well, actually, I meant walking along pretending to be elegantly overbalancing.

They show up just after happy hour.