Most Inappropriate Album Covers

Kalo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm thinking of is covers that just don't match the music or artist at all.

Something like this one:

That cover may not match the style of music or the artist, but it pretty clearly matches the lyrics of the title tune:

I'm certainly familiar with those lyrics. But, come on, the album cover looks like it should be for some crappy lounge singer doing that tune, not a lyricless, avant-garde piano version.

Maybe they were trying to get Cecil on the Holiday Inn circuit? :g

Honey Dew put out an album called 'Oil & Vinnegar' with a nude Hispanic male and a homely, nude African-American female holding the same lettuce leaf in their teeth. The LP featured separate sessions by Dave McKenna (solo) and the Wilbur Little Quartet. McKenna hated the cover and told me "I never got paid and it sounded like it was recorded in a toilet!"

If I can find a way to post a photo, I will.

STILL INAPPROPRIATE BECAUSE COLTRANE AINT PLAYING THE FLUTE!

FWIW I STILL THINK IT IS LATEEF ON THE COVER!

It's NOT Lateef on the cover.

It's Trane :excited:

And it's appropriate.

The CD cover reproduces the original poster for the actual concert at the Olatunji concert!

o.k. i guess i have to concede the photo, but . . surely coltrane didn't play flute at the concert or on the cd?!

:beee:

here 'tis

39229.jpg

If that's not one of the most atrocious album covers of all time, then it is in the top ten.

Charles McPherson was very unhappy with the cover photo and interior shot that Venus used for his recent CD. He posted a disclaimer on his website.

Charles McPherson was very unhappy with the cover photo and interior shot that Venus used for his recent CD. He posted a disclaimer on his website.

Goodness, I can see why:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...54587&BAB=E

That cover could singlehandedly be used in sevreal threads here: Good, Bad, Inappropriate, and Sexy Babes... :lol:

Goodness, I can see why:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...54587&BAB=E

Venus has been running cheesecake lingerie shots on their covers for quite a while but nothing that naked. Makes me wonder what they'll do next.

WOW! I knew you guys would come up with some great ones! Thanks to everyone. Keep 'em coming!

Easily one of the worst reissue covers ever , was the cover for this Trip reissue of Mingus' Jubilee trio date :

MingusThreeonJubileeReissueCover.jpg

Very inappropriate! :tup

...not to mention the Bird/Bud ESP recordings:

3001.jpg

Weren't there a whole series of these type of covers? Quite inappropriate. :tup

here 'tis

39229.jpg

Flabbergastingly inappropriate in every way. :tup :tup :tup

I think this one is the winner so far, though the Charles McPherson is in the running.

Question: Did Beaver Harris ever record anything for Venus?

Edited by Kalo

41CBVD9P3XL._SS500_.jpg

WTF??? :blink:

Who the Hell is that, Paul Whiteman?

Not Whiteman. It's Johnny Richards!

Did they mix up their Johnnys?

What's with the bathrobe, I wonder.

the remarkable photograph draws the attention first... but: (Question to the native English speakers) Does the album title make any sense?