• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll get cancellation notices.

I haven't seen anything... yet.

:ph34r:

Got my notice just now...

:angry:

This whole situation is strange. Now two people have reported getting cancellation notices. I got a notice today but they gave me a crumb of hope. They indicated that my order was going to be delayed and that the estimated dispatch time was going to be 12-30-07 with an estimated delivery date of 1-9-08 to 1-11-08.

I don't know what to think. Since they sent me a delay notice while others got cancellation notices, should I be hopeful thinking that Amazon.UK anticipates eventually getting enough sets to fulfill some orders or is this just a delay of a probable cancellation? It's such a fantastic deal, I don't have a problem waiting 2+ months if it is eventually fulfilled. I guess I just have to hope for the best but not really plan on ever receiving it. That way, I'd be disappointed but wouldn't get all bent out of shape over it. Hope is still alive!

Regrets to those whose orders were cancelled. :( I'm curious, when were the cancelled orders placed?

Edited by mikelz777

Kind of a lame way of doing business on Amazon's end though. <_<

I suppose it was a 'mistake' but you *are* right. Yes, it was a bargain, but not unlike the 2001 bargain two or three years ago, so it was possible. Does this mean that if I see a bargain on amazon I shouldn't order it because it isn't real? I guess basically someone just entered the wrong thing on the system.

Haven't received a cancellation....yet.

Got a message the other day, delaying delivery with a projected date of 5 November- 11 November.

We'll see, but I'm not counting on it. :mellow:

Edit: to mention that I did get the Joe Henderson Milestone box deal from da Bastids, and that will provide some solace...

Edited by DukeCity

"Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order [203-9615844-4688366].

We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the

following item:

Thelonious Monk (Artist) "Complete Riverside Record [box set]

[Live] [import]" [Audio CD]

This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that

you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience

caused."

Alas.

"Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order [203-9615844-4688366].

We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the

following item:

Thelonious Monk (Artist) "Complete Riverside Record [box set]

[Live] [import]" [Audio CD]

This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that

you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience

caused."

"We regret the item you chose is not available, but please accept this coupon for 50% off the item of your choice to be applied towards future purchases. Thank you for shopping at Amazon!"

No, that's not for real, but it would've been nice, eh? ;)

Got my cancellation email this morning. Happy Freakin' Halloween! :(

NO MONK FOR YOU!! NEXT!!

180px-Sein_soup_nazi.jpg

:D:D:rofl:

I must have fallen through some sort of system crack for Amazon.UK to send me a delay notice for an anticipated delivery in Jan. 2008. I ordered on the 6th, the day after this first posted which appears to be after some who've already received cancellation notices. The way it's looking, the only delay for me is when I'm going to receive my cancellation notice. Oh well, if it sounds too good to be true.....

Didn't someone here order the set from a Marketplace seller for a similar price? I wonder if they ever received it.

Didn't someone here order the set from a Marketplace seller for a similar price? I wonder if they ever received it.

I ordered from the Swiss Marketplace vendor. Got an email from them on Friday, saying "Your order is not yet ready to be shipped. Our supplier has confirmed that the item should be on its way to us shortly."

I don't know if that means they expect to get it, or if they will follow suit with Amazon UK and eventually cancel orders. I also ordered from Amazon UK directly (figuring I'd cancel one of them if the other actually came through), and it hasn't been cancelled....yet.