Glad to be back

troyk

I don't see any point in bringing any disputes over here and hashing them out here.

Some people are choosing to post here, and they are most welcome.

If people have issues on another board, for whatever, reason, let that stay there.

The only reason I posted was because someone asked for a summary of the events and, as I saw it, what was posted was not quite how it went down. I've said my piece. Back to regular programming...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or is this now an attempt at censoring content on this board? Hmm. I thought that was what the problem was at AAJ....

i don't think i know aaj (in fact i didn't even read most of this thread...) my point was rather, if i want the info i can get it elsewhere, you're invited to disagree; besides that one of your posts was a relatively direct personal attack on Chris A (imho and given that with my bad english i maybe didn't quite get it) not censorship in my book to complain about that (and i was half joking)

As was I Niko, as was I...

Good observation, Niko. Besides coming off like a shill for that other board, "djbinder" is obviously out to disrupt things here while making a pretense of being Mr. (Miss?) "fair and balanced." Transparent as clear glass, if you ask me.

Nope, not trying to disrupt. I'd not have posted a word had I not seen what I considered (note the "I considered") a misrepresentation of what went down there. So no agendas, just piping in since the subject was raised by someone else. As before, back to regular programming since folks are now moving off into other more entertaining directions.

There used to be a jazz spot here in NYC, called Michael's Pub. It featured great music played by the very best in the business,l but it was a terrible place to go to, because the guy who ran it was a rude, attitude-ridden jerk. AAJ reminds me, in many ways, of Michael's Pub--which went out of business, BTW.

Funny, that's what AAJ said about you.

Moderators, where are you :g this guy is only here to insult us

Where did I insult anyone? I simply reported some facts, and it was another party who slung the dirt. I've no beef with anyone here, but did feel the situation at AAJ, brought up by someone else, was misrepresented. It sure appears to me that the concept of open-mindedness here only applies if it's agreed with; otherwise it's an insult?

is DJ Blinder the same as jkelman? is that what has been insinuated?

I seem to remember inviting him over here to join in the chat a while back, but he didn't like the place then. Not up to his standards, I guessed.

Don't recall the invite. As for insinuations, we'll just leave that alone. As for flame wars, not sure what I've done other than question one person's account of what went down. And, hey, you invited me...I'm here now...you asked for it! :crazy:

So back to other discussions: does anyone here read Andrew Vachss?

There used to be a jazz spot here in NYC, called Michael's Pub. It featured great music played by the very best in the business,l but it was a terrible place to go to, because the guy who ran it was a rude, attitude-ridden jerk. AAJ reminds me, in many ways, of Michael's Pub--which went out of business, BTW.

Funny, that's what AAJ said about you.

Moderators, where are you :g this guy is only here to insult us

Where did I insult anyone? I simply reported some facts, and it was another party who slung the dirt. I've no beef with anyone here, but did feel the situation at AAJ, brought up by someone else, was misrepresented. It sure appears to me that the concept of open-mindedness here only applies if it's agreed with; otherwise it's an insult?

So how do you feel about that new Pat Metheny trio album Dave?

Careful, the owner of that banana may come over here looking for it. :ph34r:

Then, we gonna have us a real gum fight.

You mean if we borrowed some of their smileys, there'd be a fight like this?

duel.gif

How dare they!rant2.gif

They'd have a lot of nerve, accusing us of using their smileys!soapbox.gif

angry3.gif

gavel.gif

If I may chime in, [blah, blah, blah, blah, blah].

You shut the hell up before we kick your ass outa here.

Quick, look everyone! It's rubbing off.

:blink::rolleyes::blink:

That's just Ron....ignore him, we all do. :w

Might do that, ha!

I do have a question, is everyone else across this country nd up into Canada freezing to death?

I is so blasted cold here that I can hardly bear it, I mean really. This old two story house is so drafty and cold.

We have a bit of snow on the ground and even though we have only had a few nights of below zero weather, however, we've had to burn a fire every single night since early September, which is unusual, and I'm so tired of this. I mean I really am, as we don't have forced air and our propane heater is on the blink and so we are too cold here for words, especially when we don't keep the wood burning heater stoked up and filled with wood, which by the way, we're running out of.

I talked on the phone to a lady in Wisconsin yesterday and she said they had been having 17 degree below. If that happens here, which it can, we're in for a terrible time of it. What a year. We hear the whole country is getting it, but I see where it's been in the mid 70's in Texas.

Dare we tell our new friends about our ever-so-fun live chat room (since they didn't have one "over there")? :excited:

I've seen it, but not sure I can get it with my system, does it use Adobe, and if so which program of theirs does it require?

I've had to down load their 8.1 or what ever to get in some files someone sent to me.

If it takes speakers, a puppy chewed the wires to mine and I haven't replaced them. It isn't anything to do with sound is it? Doubt it would be, but there's so many new advances with these contraptions that it's hard to keep up.

Dare we tell our new friends about our ever-so-fun live chat room (since they didn't have one "over there")? :excited:

I've seen it, but not sure I can get it with my system, does it use Adobe, and if so which program of theirs does it require?

I've had to down load their 8.1 or what ever to get in some files someone sent to me.

If it takes speakers, a puppy chewed the wires to mine and I haven't replaced them. It isn't anything to do with sound is it? Doubt it would be, but there's so many new advances with these contraptions that it's hard to keep up.

Let's experiment right now. Just click on "Live Chat" in the upper right and see what happens.

Let's experiment right now. Just click on "Live Chat" in the upper right and see what happens.

Ooops, I guess you're already gone. To answer your guestions, it doesn't require speakers, and the only software it uses is Java, which you probably already have. The most common times for people to be in there are Friday and Saturday evenings, usually after 9PM or so Eastern time.

No can do, I get a page of the most convoluted things to do. I have to get something to eat, so thanks I'll try it later and see if I can make sense of all of it, as it's telling me to stay current and keep up with advancements, which I hardly ever do unless necessity makes me do it.

I have to tell my server this, tell my server to do that, that one function, Internet Explorer I believe, will be dead and gone in a bit, and on and on it goes. I'm off....