Glad to be back

troyk

Thanks B, and E, and all (I don't want to keep posting about this).

I've gotten through the last four months with the help of many friends, at hand and online, and I've consoled myself somewhat with the fact that we did everything possible to combat the diseases, and we were able to do it all together because of the wonderful benefits I've had in 25 years of state government service and hadn't squandered.

Also, we always talked through everything and we knew how we felt about each other and expressed it. Because of the danger we even forced ourselves to talk extensively about what would happen if the disease won and I know exactly what she would want me to do. Which includes finding someone else to share my life with.

But it's very hard, she was the centerpiece of my life. I even have postponed a retirement we were both looking forward to because I can't look into the future to a retirement without her yet. The shock has worn off and there's real pain to wade through. I'm doing alright overall, time will be my friend.

God Speed, and may this tragedy in your life become more tolerable with each passing day, week, and month. Let yourself grieve and let yourself remember the wonderful joyous times as well. How wonderful to be able to remember those times, and to have such good thoughts.

Just don't rush into any decisions until times are much better for you, as things can look good and can turn out to be no more than diversions from reality, which will come rushing back, and perhaps change your perspective on choices you may or may not have made.

My best to you. This is heartbreaking to learn of.

I'm hoping for you that all turns out well as can be in such a life's happening.

Sandi

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know how I feel, Lon. You're a lucky man to have shared the time you had with her. And it must take enormous strength, which you've obviously found, and I'm sure had all along.

But it really does put things in perspective, and maybe should inspire people to mend fences where there's a need to. I like Lon's words: Let time be your friend.

Thanks all you great pals, Sandi, MG, GA, DJ, Bill and James.

It's getting better day by day. Though weekends are tough. I am finding new ways to combat the loneliness. For example last night I wrote her a poem. (She never much liked my poetry, but that doesn't matter).

Anyway, what this thread shows over and over is. . .there's no place like O!

Edited by jazzbo

Hello! I thought I'd play wallflower at the party next door. I miss conversation with some of those taking a break (hopefully that's all it is!) from AAJ. I'm trying to stay out of it all, but I see the this board has a classical music forum and some other bells and whistles (and Bev as of late), so I thought what the hell...

Hello! I thought I'd play wallflower at the party next door. I miss conversation with some of those taking a break (hopefully that's all it is!) from AAJ. I'm trying to stay out of it all, but I see the this board has a classical music forum and some other bells and whistles (and Bev as of late), so I thought what the hell...

Welcome! It's a classy joint, this Organissimo forum is....it sure tiz.

The MDS won. . . I had been so convinced that we would beat the MDS as we had beaten (sort of I guess) the lymphoma. I miss her very much.

very very sad to hear this

Progression to acute myeloid leukemia/myelodysplastic syndrome (AML/MDS) is a possible evolution of polycythemia vera (PV)...

didn't know the word mds but just looked it up, rare as it is, it is exactly the same thing my father had; (he didn't even get to the level where he would have gotten the bone marrow donation; will never forget how my lazy (or whatever you call it) aunt said she wouldn't check whether she was a possible donor because with her stomach flu she couldn't be a candidate anyway... didn't matter finally)

Hi bvy,

Nice to see you. How's Stravinsky?

Hi there! Stravinsky? Same as last time -- busy (de)composing. Seriously, I'm waiting anxiously for this to arrive from BMG:

51QP1DRR53L._AA240_.jpg

I'm trying to process some new Britten just now also. My son's voice teacher wants him to take a stab at Canticle II.

Paps, MG, 7/4... Thanks for the warm welcome. It's a nice place you keep here. Lon, I'm really sorry to hear about everything you've been going through, but all the same, it's good to see you here and in good spirits. Hang in there.

I'm still trying to get my bearings around here; the interface is very different. But I'll adapt. After all, I'm an "IT guy" -- try to stop me! (Please.)

Hi bvy,

Nice to see you. How's Stravinsky?

Hi there! Stravinsky? Same as last time -- busy (de)composing. Seriously, I'm waiting anxiously for this to arrive from BMG:

51QP1DRR53L._AA240_.jpg

I'm trying to process some new Britten just now also. My son's voice teacher wants him to take a stab at Canticle II.

There's a world of wonderment in Britten. I'm not all that familiar with the Canticles - must give them a listen again. As the weather improves get a copy of the 'Spring Symphony' (a choral/soloist piece)...and, even better, a marvellous piece by his teacher, Frank Bridge, called 'Enter Spring'. Playing those is a March/April ritual of mine.

Niko, it's a nasty disease. Helen was lucky in that a lot of people tested to see if they were better donors, but in all the databases and from all the testing there was only one "9 out of 10" donor. . . and that donor ultimately didn't help.

It saved her a period of suffering and fading away I guess, there really was no cure except a successful transplant.

Brad, thanks. I don't mean to hijack this thread. . . .