Tattoo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No tattoos here - never could have one made. Same for piercings, not even earrings.

Funny what people tell about wedding rings - I always take mine off as soon as I am at home, but would feel stark naked if I forgot to put it on when I go to town .....

Our Godson took me to an exhibition on tattoos and piercings a few months ago - very interesting testimonies by the people who had allowed being photographed more or less in the nude to show their stuff. A joint project of ethnological and media museums.

Edited by mikeweil

• 3 years later...

No offense, but I truly don't get tattoos, especially on women.

I just never have looked at someone , say Audry Hepburn and thought, you know, she's alright, but what she really needs is a tattoo over her boobs.

I did think she needed to eat a bit more.... :shrug[1]:

If they faded after a year or two, I'd say, knock yourself out...but some people are not thinking long term, especially in the placement of them. Sides of necks, chest area, sides of legs. Saw some friend of a friend on facebook, and this young lady had

"The futures uncertain, and the End is always near" written out on her side...ok.

Kinda sorta on the same subject of not thinking down the road at all...have you seen these extreme ear lobe holes lately? Not merely bullet sized, but silver dollar sized!!!! How is a plastic surgeon going to fix that shit up?? Double :shrug[1]:

My wife occasionally talks about getting one but I doubt she ever will go through with it.

Upthread someone mentioned their body being a poor canvas. That is certainly the case here. Overweight (finally starting to take this more seriously) and thick hair everywhere. I might be able to pull it off on my upper shoulder, but that would be the only place. I occasionally ponder doing something like my kids initials in a ring (my feelings about them are essentially permanent) but I don't feel obligated to do it either.

I have three brands (one on my arm and two smaller ones on my chest - yes like slaves or cattle) of my fraternity symbol. What can I say? At the time I was twenty years old and felt like I would do anything for the fraternity. Twenty four years later I have no regrets, but I also do not advertise them around people I work with.

I have three brands (one on my arm and two smaller ones on my chest - yes like slaves or cattle) of my fraternity symbol. What can I say? At the time I was twenty years old and felt like I would do anything for the fraternity. Twenty four years later I have no regrets, but I also do not advertise them around people I work with.

Ω ?

Ω ?

Σ

I don't have any tattoos, but I've got a story about one of my oldest friends, Ben, the bass player in my quartet. At the time, I had known and played with him in various bands for about ten years. I went over to his house to take him a copy of a recording we had done. I had heard it so much that I was sick of it, so I amused myself by looking through his magazines while he listened. I noticed several tattoo magazines in the stack, so I asked him, "Do you have a tattoo?" He looked kind of sheepish and said, "I've got a few." I said, "Show me." So he rolled up his pants leg - his left leg was completely covered with an elaborate rendering of a Japanese creation myth. It was really beautiful work. His right leg was covered with American icons - eagles, anchors, the Kingfish - a catfish in a derby smoking a cigar, etc. He also has quite a few tattoos on his upper body, but nowhere that could be seen when he wore long pants and a short-sleeve shirt - I realized then that I had never seen him shirtless or in shorts. He only lets the best tattoo guy in Atlanta work on him, and he never exposes them to the sun; his tattoos look really good.

A few years ago when I was playing in a quartet with Roger Ruzow of Gold Sparkle fame, we played a gig at Lennie's, a punk club in Atlanta. We made Ben wear shorts for that one.