the "I'm Getting Old and I Can't Find My Teeth"

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the perfect thread to confess: the "r" and the letters surrounding it do not work properly on my computer's keyboard anymore so please do not get upset if ome of them are missing in my posts... will turn 27 soon, last birthday before i am closer to approaching 30 than to being mid-twenties

Så du røgen da katten fes i Hamborg?

"Did you see the smoke when the cat farted in Hamburg?" is the closest on-line translation for this I can find.... HELP!?!?!?!?!?

Close, Jim, just wrong tense.

Did you see the smoke when the cat farted in Hamburg?

It is a question frequently asked where I come from.

One night, while doing my all-night show on a NYC radio station, I arbitrarily injected that question (in Danish). I didn't think anyone would catch it, but the phone soon rang and it was Torben Ulrich, a well-known Danish tennis pro and clarinetist. We had known each other since my early jazz days in Copenhagen and I had no idea that he was in the U.S. He had, indeed, seen the smoke. :)

BTW, Torben likes to joke that he was the first jazz musician to play Newport--he played tennis there before Elaine Lorillard whispered an idea into George Wein's left ear. Torben's son, Lars, is a founder of Metallica--helps to explain why Lars Ulrich's godfather was Dexter Gordon.

I'm 43 and I wish my lawn was nice enough that kids would want to walk on it so I could tell them to get the hell off my lawn. Right now, the best I've got is birds shitting on my mailbox. Which really doesn't bother me as much as it does the mailman.