• 7 years later...

001e82b9_medium.jpeg

That one is hard to locate on CD for a reasonable price, unlike some of the other solo albums on FMP.

True, but you can buy the high-rez download from destination-out -- and I've always viewed it as a singular effort in the vast solo Cecil canon.

I have all, I think, but one, "In East Berlin 88, " but the DL won't get you the book that came with the box set. Now if they put that on PDF......

Though it resembles the CDs from the box, this one is not part of it. It was recorded a month earlier.

I purchased a copy from Dusty Groove for $30 but was too late.. someone else had grabbed it. Curses. I've never seen it offered for less than $100.

I picked Alms/Tiergarten (Spree) up about a year ago and still haven't given it a proper listen. Was just thinking about it earlier after looking at this thread. May try to give it a spin tonight to report back.

Edited by jcam_44

ALMS = 2 discs, 16 piece all star Euro free improv orchestra, plus Cecil providing impressive additional motive force, better recorded than usual, so, a necessary document. Penguin gives it a strong rating FWIW (4th edition). Basically, can't pass up Cecil in a setting like this!

I have all, I think, but one, "In East Berlin 88, " but the DL won't get you the book that came with the box set. Now if they put that on PDF......

Though it resembles the CDs from the box, this one is not part of it. It was recorded a month earlier.

I purchased a copy from Dusty Groove for $30 but was too late.. someone else had grabbed it. Curses. I've never seen it offered for less than $100.

I got the box when offered but missed "In East Berlin 88". Of the later issues I missed Celebrated Blazons, Nailed, Melancholy and The Tree of Life,