Next batch of Conns (Fall 2004) - ???????

Rooster_Ties

Some of the titles which people mention are already out (or about to come out) as JRVGs. I'd say if you really want to hear these titles just email Hiroshi Tanno and get them whizzing through the air to your door. It is a lot quicker and easier than campaigning for them as domestic issues which will be slightly cheaper. I think in any case that if sales permit some of the current JRVGs will come through as RVGs - this is already (apparently) happening with Fuchsia Swing Song, so maybe the other Hills (Smokestack, Judgment) and the missing Mclean will be on their way soon. . And I'd say anyone who wants Contours should just buy the Mosaic which I see someone has for sale on this board at an excellent price.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! We haven't all got the patience to track down all the OOP TOCJ!! My Sam Rivers' vinyls all sound pretty good though. (Actually they are all shot but I can't let on to that now, can I?)

PS It is very important to talk down the merits of TOCJ -- otherwise we end up talking up the market value.

;)

Seriously, my only point is to remind people that titles they seem to yearn for are only an email away.

I have a copy of Soul Connection. This SHOULD be on cd, but it isn't. A fabulous pairing of Grachan Moncur and John Patton -- all the tracks burn!! It is easily one of his best sessions.

Ditto.

Keep an eye on Dusty Groove. It pops up there VERY occasionally. Pay what you have to. You'll survive. ;)

A friend of mine e-mailed Alvin Queen & asked him about this one, and for some reason Queen's not interested in getting Nilva vinyl out on CD. Makes no sense to me, but that's what he told my friend.

• 3 months later...

Conns:

The Johnny Rae United Artists with Herbie Mann, Philly Joe Jones et al

The Urbie Green 10"

The Tommy Flanagan Trio (United Artists?) released only on a Japanese Blue Note LP

The McCoy Tyner Cosmos twofer tracks with trio and strings not on the Asante CD

The Andrew Hill One For One sessions

any other Andrew Hill not yet on domestic US CD

The Tyrone Washington "trainwreck"session !!!

The unreleased McCoy Tyner with Shorter and Vitous

Jack Wilson with Roy Ayers on United Artists

Perhaps some of your questions about the Tyrone Washington and Wayne Shorter unreleased sessions are covered here (by someone who has heard them)

http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/showthread.php?t=4626

Thanks for sharing that link.

Man I wish I could hear that Tyrone Washington session! Maybe I should try to become a buddy of Belden's. . . .

So that's how he did it, Bob Belden? Well maybe we could get him to offer his insights some day. Meanwhile, Weiss also talked of strong alternate takes that didn't make it to CD for some reason. Any one ever hear of rumors of what these might possibly be?

I now have Soul Connection thanks to fellow Patton fans on this board :w

It is excellent and I have really missed it since selling the lp years ago.

Anyone who would like a listen ...give me a buzz ( well ....icq or email!) B)

It is worth it to hear Grachan MOncur with Patton alone.

Andy