New Yorker bargain

I paid $75 for this and it was worth every penny. I am almost sorry that I already have it, because this price is ridiculous.

Think of what you get.....years and years of fantastic writing, great cartoons and interesting advertisements. This is the New Yorker starting with issue 1 (1925) and it is every page of every issue.

Go for it!

Chris,

Yes, thanks for the heads up. I was sorely tempted by this set when it first came out even at the full price. This is an amazing bargain. As close to giving something away as you can get. I'm a big WWII buff so reading through the issues from the war years is going to be a real experience.

The search feature could use improvement,but it works on key words, departments, authors, etc. it will ask you to insert the pertinent disc. You can also browse through all the issues by cover, eyc.

I have always found what I was looking for. Could it be more intuitive? Definitely, but it does a nice job and the software automatically looks for updates when you start it up.

NewYorkersearch.jpg

I received the email yesterday as well.

Chris, as someone familiar, does the set show all the page art as well? Not just the cartoons but wondering if the sketches and covers are displayed in a decent way? Worth it for all the Ballietts!

thanks.

Also worth it for the Thurbers and Dorothy Parkers and .....

thanks for the screen shots Chris ... I see they offer a companion DVD that fills to '09 I believe.

an aside - my favorite of all cover artists has a big new book of his own - worth every penny too.

http://www.peterdeseve.com/

refreshing the opening page allows flash animations of thumbnail to sketch to pencil to finish of some of his illustrations and covers.

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

Wow, was not aware of these kind of products existed, would love to see the same with jazz or cinéma magazine and why not some sports magazine like Sports Illustrated or the Ring.

It exists for Rolling Stone magazine (I know, it's not much of a magazine anymore, and hasn't been for a long, long time). I'd guess there are similar products for other magazines as well.