Are there any box bargains currently available?

The Italians are at it again - 15 disc box set of Bill Evans (Riverside and Milestone) for less than 40 Euros -

http://www.amazon.it/Riverside-Milestone-Albums-Evans-Bill/dp/B004I289FE/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1298146153&sr=1-1

Here are the details of this boxed set: link

It apparently contains these albums:

New Jazz Conceptions

Tenderly

Everybody Digs Bill Evans

On Green Dolphin Street

Portrait in Jazz

Explorations

Sunday at the Village Vanguard

Waltz For Debby

How My Heart Sings!

Moon Beams

Interplay

Loose Blues

The Solo Sessions Vol. 1

The Solo Sessions Vol. 2

At Shelly's Manne-Hole

Edited by crisp

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I opened Crisp's link in Google Chrome. Here's how the software translated the Italian into English:

If the protagonist is Bill Evans. If the box contains 15 albums recorded for the Riverside and Milestone in the golden age, the 50s and 60s. If the booklet of 32 pages of each album cover are faithfully reproduced and record information. If the holiday companions are musicians such as Scott LaFaro and Paul Motian (the great Bill Evans trio that led the Olympus of the great creators of contemporary jazz), Freddie Hubbard, Zoot Sims, Jim Hall, Ron Carter, Chuck Israels, Sam Jones, Percy Heath, Teddy Kotick, Philly Joe Jones, Paul Chambers, Don Elliot, if the box set includes recordings posthumous duet with Don Elliot of the trio in 1956 and in January 1959, and if the price (recommended) is only € 44.50

... Then we are again faced with a new box made by Universal Music Italy for another great international success

A crazy deal on Rhino Led Zeppelin 10 miniLP cd set. I believe this is a Japanese remastering job, which they retail for $174. Price slashed to $87.

http://www.rhino.com...20&cmpid=CROZEP

Among those who have ordered it, have you received it, still waiting for mine, wrote them saturday, have not been answered :mellow:

To quote Led Zed

Its been a long time, been a long time,

Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

I ordered the OP box on January, 25. UK to The Netherlands is mostley a week or so. But so far no OP box for me. :(

Sellar gave me positive feedback though. :)

Today I Sent Filmzone1 a mail asking were it is.

Answer to my mail was that it must have been lost in the mail. The replacement they sent arrived today. :rolleyes:

Now find time to play the CD's :wacko:

I ordered the Sonny Rollins Prestige box from Newberry Dec. 10, and it still hasn't arrived yet.

Newbury are serious and reliable, holiday post is slow and maybe unreliable. I'd keep faith in Newbury, if it were me.

I requested a refund this evening. It has been a month today since I placed my order.

Newbury did not respond to my Monday (Jan 10) request for a refund, so this evening I filed a claim with Amazon.

Amazon says that the matter should be resolved by Jan 28 (in two weeks).

Yesterday Amazon informed me that they would refund my money. However, they said that the refund would take up to ten business days.

So now I'm going back to keeping my eye open for the next time the Sonny Rollins Prestige box is a bargain.

Yesterday Amazon informed me that they would refund my money. However, they said that the refund would take up to ten business days.

So now I'm going back to keeping my eye open for the next time the Sonny Rollins Prestige box is a bargain.

Amazon's refund was credited to my account yesterday. Add to that $32.97 the $20 Amazon gift card from yesterday's LivingSocial deal, and I've got $52.97 to spend! It's burning a hole in my pocket, as my late mother used to say!

I forgot to tell you! Guess what showed up Feb. 15!

I contacted Amazon and asked them to charge me again. Not only is Newbury owed the money, but I want to see if I can delete my negative rating of the transaction. I wasn't happy with Newbury's response to my problem, but I never blamed them for the original failure to receive the package.

I ordered the Sonny Rollins Prestige box from Newberry Dec. 10, and it still hasn't arrived yet.

Newbury are serious and reliable, holiday post is slow and maybe unreliable. I'd keep faith in Newbury, if it were me.

I requested a refund this evening. It has been a month today since I placed my order.

Newbury did not respond to my Monday (Jan 10) request for a refund, so this evening I filed a claim with Amazon.

Amazon says that the matter should be resolved by Jan 28 (in two weeks).

Amazon's refund was credited to my account yesterday. Add to that $32.97 the $20 Amazon gift card from yesterday's LivingSocial deal, and I've got $52.97 to spend! It's burning a hole in my pocket, as my late mother used to say!

I forgot to tell you! Guess what showed up Feb. 15!

I contacted Amazon and asked them to charge me again. Not only is Newbury owed the money, but I want to see if I can delete my negative rating of the transaction. I wasn't happy with Newbury's response to my problem, but I never blamed them for the original failure to receive the package.

Congratulations GA!!!! Good things come to those who wait........forever :blink:

Edited by Morganized

This is probably no news for everyone here, but Amazon UK look like they're disposing of their Sony stock (... actually, not only Amazon, Fopp in London has had some good offers).

Anyhow, the Complete Miles Davis w/ Coltrane, and w/ Gil Evans are at a very good price, the budget version of the complete Billie Holiday on Columbia too, etc.

They make very nice presents, methinks.

F

Also bizarre: the price just dropped to 108.63 in the last couple of hours (for me at least - I dunno if Amazon is up to its old antics with personalizing prices). Just think, if this keeps happening, in a couple of weeks we'll be able to get the box for $40. :crazy: