Removing sticky residue from jewel cases

clandy44

I heat the jewel case with a hair dryer (take out the CD first and don't heat too long, for the case might change it's shape :)), which loosens the glue and lets you peel off the price tag easily.

For the rest of the glue traces, I use this traditional cleaning product from Luxembourg, unchanged for the past 40 years. The label doesn't say what it is composed of, it must be a secret formula ;)

4.JPGRoboto.lu

I have tried WD-40 and goo gone in the past, Goo works better, IMO, but the best I have found for cd cases in Prestone silicon spray, comes in a yellow can, doesn't stink quite the way WD-40 does either...some stick-um is so bad, nothing seems to work! I'll try the hairdryer trick...on a cd case that has NOT had any solvents on it!

Gotta tell you guys ... Un-do is the best. It is specifically designed for removing stickers/goo ... the bottle even has a built-in tool to help peel them off. The liquid you squirt on evaporates quickly and never damages the printed material. Nifty stuff!

Eric

To be honest, for what these jewel case costs, it's not worth the effort. I just get a new jewel case and send the old one to recycling. One of the worst offenders of the sticky jewel case has to be Blue Note. I consider myself lucky if I get one good one out of a batch of RVGs.