Not sure where to post this

Seems like someone has an ax to grind. He gave it 2 stars and said: There is two big problems with this CD. The mix sucks big time. Too much emphasizing the solo instrument while pushing back everything else too much. The other is the less than stellar performance by the bass player. And then they (the producer I guess) continue to bring him to the font with lousy uninspired long solos... Stay away.

I only sell a few copies a year, love this recording, spent a bundle on the mix for the cd and am really bothered. The review counters a 5 star review and drops the average.

Sorry for the whine.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what some idiot thinks? I find Amazon's positive reviews are generally more insightful- the bad ones are (as you said) often written by someone with an axe to grind or someone who doesn't get it. I've seen stupid negative reviews on many great recordings. Fuck 'em.

I'm sure the members of this board can counter with some good reviews.

I've had this recording since it was released on vinyl and also bought your CD upgrade, Chuck. It's my favourite Warne Marsh album and something you should be very proud to have produced.

Oh yes and while I remember, the Eddie Johnson CD landed on my doormat a few days ago. It sounds great and I've been playing it regularly ever since it arrived. Thank you for another winner!