Steve Jobs has died

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am so, so sad to hear this news. of course, not unexpected, but extremely sad nonetheless. much too brilliant and good to leave so soon. he did, however, survive much longer than most with that type of cancer. i'm sure he sacrificed a great deal of quality to his life as a result. may he be at peace, especially knowing that he contributed so much to this world, especially in his charitable giving.

my sincere condolences to his friends and family.

i am so, so sad to hear this news. of course, not unexpected, but extremely sad nonetheless. much too brilliant and good to leave so soon. he did, however, survive much longer than most with that type of cancer. i'm sure he sacrificed a great deal of quality to his life as a result. may he be at peace, especially knowing that he contributed so much to this world, especially in his charitable giving.

my sincere condolences to his friends and family.

If found this revealing, as far as how he viewed his own fate.

In a speech delivered to Stanford University six years ago, Jobs said, "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important thing I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life, because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure -- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."