Solo Trombone Records

.:.impossible

its ** intended ** title, The Gentle HAM of the Bourgeouis is much better-- damm compositor's error!

I still need to get to that Rutherford... one of my favorite album titles of all times!

51L0PVnRffL._SS500_.jpg

Can be bought rather cheaply from amazon.de (while US has it for a ridiculous price)

Edited by MomsMobley

Paul Rutherford did two masterpieces: The Gentle Harm of the Bourgeoisie (ca. mid-1970s), which is the ultimate in spontaneous improvisation, and Tromboleneum (21st century, IIRC), which is the opposite, structured solos. The man was a creative wonder.

I've heard some old, good Conrad Bauer, Albert Manglesdorff, and Gunter Christmann solo trombone albums, too. Happy hunting.

OK, not solo bone, but one of the more interesting trombonists is Roswell Rudd, and you might want to add "AIRWALKER" to the list. It's a duo with bassist Mark Dresser. Rudd has a lot of excellent small group recordings but I don't want to get too far from the premise of the thread.

OK, not solo bone, but one of the more interesting trombonists is Roswell Rudd, and you might want to add "AIRWALKER" to the list. It's a duo with bassist Mark Dresser. Rudd has a lot of excellent small group recordings but I don't want to get too far from the premise of the thread.

Yeah. Even though it's not solo trombone, it's one to hear.