sickening penn state football allegations

I believe what we have here is a fairly large orion from which only the very topmost layers have so far been peeled.

rather, the topmost layers of a huge university, state, and community---

you can't ever convince me that similar tawdry scenarios are not being played out and hidden in youth activities throughout the world.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, this is the some of the darkest shit I've heard in years, this whole Penn State thing. A little levity seemed...needed at this point...wasn't aiming at you, promise, just looking for a break from all the ugliness.

a point well taken here, jim

ANOTHER OLD BIGTIME COVERUP

Ex-SYRACUSE U. ballboy who claims asst coach Bernie Fine molested 1,000 times allegedly had a room in Fine's basement. Fine is married, w/ 2 kids.about 1 hour ago · reply · retweet · fav

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Dave, this is the some of the darkest shit I've heard in years, this whole Penn State thing.

It's all too sordid for me. I haven't read any of the reports because the whole concept is disturbing. As a result, I'm out of the loop, but I think that's better for me than to read the stuff.

I'm reminded of how all the sports websites had videos of Dan Wheldon's death two weeks ago. I love to see the wrecks when I know that no one is injured, but when someone is injured or killed, I want no part of that.

rather, the topmost layers of a huge university, state, and community---

you can't ever convince me that similar tawdry scenarios are not being played out and hidden in youth activities throughout the world.

I don't think there is a molester behind every tree, but certainly most institutions have some creeps and genuinely horrid people involved. This is a sad and sick tale, and I can't believe it is not given more coverage except that PSU is sucking all the oxygen out of the room. In some ways, I think the cover up here is even worse and certainly criminal, and I do hope some of these folks in the Boy Scouts (yes, the Boy Scouts) do some hard time but I guess it was just too long ago.

Over nearly two decades, Turley molested at least 15 children in Southern California and British Columbia, most of whom he met through American and Canadian Scouting, a Los Angeles Times and Canadian Broadcasting Corp. investigation has found.

Scouting officials on both sides of the border not only failed to stop him, but sometimes helped cover his tracks, according to confidential Scouting records, court files and interviews with victims, families and Scout leaders.

Rest of story here: Boy Scout cover-up

Dave, this is the some of the darkest shit I've heard in years, this whole Penn State thing. A little levity seemed...needed at this point...wasn't aiming at you, promise, just looking for a break from all the ugliness.

Jim,

No offense intended. No offense taken. I agree with you 100%...anything to lighten the load at this point is more than welcome.

Dave, this is the some of the darkest shit I've heard in years, this whole Penn State thing.

It's all too sordid for me. I haven't read any of the reports because the whole concept is disturbing. As a result, I'm out of the loop, but I think that's better for me than to read the stuff.

I'm reminded of how all the sports websites had videos of Dan Wheldon's death two weeks ago. I love to see the wrecks when I know that no one is injured, but when someone is injured or killed, I want no part of that.

a victim comes forward

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/17/male_survivor_of_sexual_abuse.aspx

a little humor from of all places, the political site ace of spades...

Joe Paterno Filled with Regret for Not Reporting Child Molestation and a Treatable Form of Lung Cancer, but Mostly a Treatable Form of Lung Cancer

—Russ from Winterset

Per CNN

Actually, the CNN article contains a minor mistake. This cancer was NOT first diagnosed last week. A lab technician actually noticed the spots on an MRI image back in 2002, but didn't relay that information to the Paterno family. The technician told Paterno's doctor, and the doctor called a meeting with hospital administrators a week later and told them that the tech had seen "something of a cancerous nature, possibly cancerous horseplay". The doctor's son reportedly told reporters this morning that the whole hospital community is sorry for not telling Paterno about the cancer at the time, but they are convinced that the doctor did nothing wrong because he relayed the information to his superiors per hospital policy. Supposedly, hospital employees and former patients are going to riot tonight and destroy some news vans in solidarity with their beloved doctor.*

Edited by BERIGAN

a little humor from of all places, the political site ace of spades...

Joe Paterno Filled with Regret for Not Reporting Child Molestation and a Treatable Form of Lung Cancer, but Mostly a Treatable Form of Lung Cancer

—Russ from Winterset

Per CNN

Actually, the CNN article contains a minor mistake. This cancer was NOT first diagnosed last week. A lab technician actually noticed the spots on an MRI image back in 2002, but didn't relay that information to the Paterno family. The technician told Paterno's doctor, and the doctor called a meeting with hospital administrators a week later and told them that the tech had seen "something of a cancerous nature, possibly cancerous horseplay". The doctor's son reportedly told reporters this morning that the whole hospital community is sorry for not telling Paterno about the cancer at the time, but they are convinced that the doctor did nothing wrong because he relayed the information to his superiors per hospital policy. Supposedly, hospital employees and former patients are going to riot tonight and destroy some news vans in solidarity with their beloved doctor.*

very good, bunny.

thanks for raising your hand.

• 2 weeks later...

The idol worship that shrouds the sports world is fucking stupid. The fact that people can twist their minds enough to defend the indefensible is more proof that we can convince ourselves to believe whatever we want to believe in order to make ourselves feel better. Paterno is a sack of shit for allowing child rape to happen under his watch. So is everyone else involved in the football program, including McQueary. You don't just pass the buck, you call the fucking police. I'm glad the old fuck has cancer. You reap what you sow, motherfucker. I hope he dies a painful death. It still won't be as painful and horrendous as the lives he helped ruin due to his inaction and his love of power, money, and prestige over basic human compassion and protecting children.

The idol worship that shrouds the sports world is fucking stupid. The fact that people can twist their minds enough to defend the indefensible is more proof that we can convince ourselves to believe whatever we want to believe in order to make ourselves feel better. Paterno is a sack of shit for allowing child rape to happen under his watch. So is everyone else involved in the football program, including McQueary. You don't just pass the buck, you call the fucking police. I'm glad the old fuck has cancer. You reap what you sow, motherfucker. I hope he dies a painful death. It still won't be as painful and horrendous as the lives he helped ruin due to his inaction and his love of power, money, and prestige over basic human compassion and protecting children.

.and ohio state just gave urban meyer, with the sorry arrest record of his florida teams all the keys to their university.

he already outranks gee in ohio for power. ohio state football never learns, for sure.

washington times headline from 1989, which was quickly killed.

http://smg.photobuck...ent=WTpage1.gif

I'm confused - does that have anything to do with Sandusky?

my apologies sir, it has to do with 2 recent posts on the franklin scandal, which was brought up recently in this discussion by pete c.

Saturday night I shared a cab from the airport with the author of a book about the Franklin scandal, which I hadn't heard of before. Sounds intriguing. I just started reading the Kindle edition.

http://franklinscandal.com/