colinmce

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44_MN_Parker_Cover.jpg

I picked this up a couple of months ago on the occasion of a hearing Shipp with his trio. but just saw a review of it on point of departure, so I guess that it is still new. I must admit that I have not yet given it a serious listen but on a quick listening the one thought I had is how compatible the two seem to be.

:) - yeah...it seems I'm on a few things out in the next couple of months!

I should just mention - Dominic's album is also available 'physically' too. I haven't got any myself yet, but spoke to him the other day, and they definitely exist!

That's weird - I could have sworn that when I went to that page on Babel's Bandcamp site earlier this week the only option was download.

:) - yeah...it seems I'm on a few things out in the next couple of months!

I should just mention - Dominic's album is also available 'physically' too. I haven't got any myself yet, but spoke to him the other day, and they definitely exist!

That's weird - I could have sworn that when I went to that page on Babel's Bandcamp site earlier this week the only option was download.

Same for me earlier this week - only dl of DL

MatanaRoberts_CoinCoin2.jpg

This is doing it for me. Just arrived so not given it many spins but initial impressions are it continues the impressive story telling of Chapter One. I do hope that Constellation are able to stick by this project for the long haul

The Prevost/Tilbury gig was a marvel of concentration and delicate interactions. The venue was tiny and I was a few feet from the performance which was very low volume in a small close acoustic where every refinement and complexity in the sonorities could be clearly heard. Tilbury played prepared piano, as he did here last year when he played Cage. Prevost played a bass drum laid flat, a side drum he never once struck, a large gong, and used cymbals,an oriental bell, a bow, pebbles, gravel, marbles and other objects to produce his sounds. Fascinating to watch close to.

The Prevost/Tilbury gig was a marvel of concentration and delicate interactions. The venue was tiny and I was a few feet from the performance which was very low volume in a small close acoustic where every refinement and complexity in the sonorities could be clearly heard. Tilbury played prepared piano, as he did here last year when he played Cage. Prevost played a bass drum laid flat, a side drum he never once struck, a large gong, and used cymbals,an oriental bell, a bow, pebbles, gravel, marbles and other objects to produce his sounds. Fascinating to watch close to.

At which venue did you seem them, David?

At the Veg Box Cafe in Canterbury!

http://thevegboxcafe.co.uk/

Part of this series

http://www.free-range.co/

The concerts are often recorded but we forgot to record this one....

post-110-0-66140700-1380983770_thumb.jpg

Part of this series

Looks good....a long way from North Yorkshire though.

I'd loved to have seen Tony Coe last May......

Part of this series

Looks good....a long way from North Yorkshire though.

I'd loved to have seen Tony Coe last May......

Tony originates from Canterbury as you probably know, but he rarely performs here. So lucky us when he does!