Losing Lisa

BeBop

I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost a string of people in my life in the past few years starting with my Dad last year and including my oldest sister a few months ago. We just had the memorial for my sister last week.

Edited by 7/4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you all. Sincerely. I'll spare the details, but there's a rift between me and my wife's family, so I'm pretty alone/isolated right now...but I knew it was coming and I'm dealing with it. I really do appreciate the thoughts posted here. All of them. Good reminders that we all experience loss and we all survive.

I'll make special acknowledgement of Dana because I read the recent "Don't Forget to Say "I Love You"" thread and it really resonated with me. So go do it. Every day. I'm glad I did, 25 years worth.

Thank you. Virtual hugs to you!

--------UPDATE - November 24, 2013 -----------------------

Lisa, my wife of 25 years has died. Just 47 years old. Brain tumor. Fought for 12 years. Never said "why me?"

I'd started this thread when I was seeking distraction, thinking that the end was near. She hung on until last night, so we had more time together, but she also suffered longer. And so it goes. I thought I'd resurrect the thread under a new Topic to say thanks to people who helped me find those much-needed distractions (even without knowing why I was asking), including kind thoughts and ideas received by PM.

This group (organissimo board) is probably the only one I'll tell.

I don't plan to mention to my coworkers, my social groups, distant family. But I needed to say it out loud. Tell someone. And now I have. Make a good thought for Lisa, the best thing that's happened to me.

--------- ORIGINAL POST ----------------

I'm going stir-crazy. I'm in a very tough moment in life, and I'm all alone. I can't listen to music; I'm too restless. I can eat....and eat and eat... (Put down the fork, Bebop). Almost as dangerous as shopping.

I tried the only chat room I ever visit, and it's really dormant.

Random web surfing isn't doing it. No way can I pull together the attention to read right now. I don't do TV or videos. And I've no one to phone that I haven't already talked to...several times. The best I've found is an article on macroprudential supervision of systemically important financial institutions.

I know I haven't left much "room" for suggestions. But any serious suggestions welcomed. Please, no attempts to be funny. I'm not kidding here. Thank you.

Wow Bebop. I'm so sorry for what you've been experiencing and so very sorry for your loss. I totally missed your original post and regret that I did. My best to you as you work your way through this challenging time.

Again, thank you all - for posts here and for PMs.

This would be a good day to wrap up the thread. Today, in addition to being Thanksgiving, would have been Lisa's 48th birthday. She always hated those years where she had to share holiday/celebration. She missed this one. Now there's a small consolation prize.

I'm relaxing at a relatively peaceful hotel outside Los Angeles-proper. Reading, thinking good thoughts and listening to http://www.purojazz.com.

Be well, all. And don't forget to join me and Dana in saying "I Love You".