The USPS SUCKS

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How could this be?! The USPS is horrendous…and with malicious intent!

Good god, jlhoots. Please stick with the theme of the thread!

I know you're trying to be funny, but there seems to be significant variation depending on what apparently are local issues - Chicago, NYC, etc.

Always happy to get good results.

I know you're trying to be funny, but there seems to be significant variation depending on what apparently are local issues - Chicago, NYC, etc.

Always happy to get good results.

Yeah, I certainly don't deny that there are issues. It's a system run by humans. There will always be issues. I stated earlier that all shipping companies have various issues. It doesn't mean they suck, though. As I said, Fed Ex was my most recent issue. But, you don't see me starting a Fed Ex Sucks thread because of it.

Anecdotal evidence from you, and others, in this thread show a lack of consistency AND infallibility from both the USPS and vendors (Dusty Groove, in this particular case).

Am I wrong?

• 1 month later...

Entered on the record:

Ordered CD from DG on May 2, first-class shipping selected. May 4, received shipping notification from DG.

May 4-7 at sorting facility in Chicago.

May 7 at USPS Forest Park, IL facility.

May 11: Supposedly shipped from there but no further info offered on the tracking page.

May 13 still waiting.

I don't have this problem with Squidco or Amazon shipments. Is DG's shipping info not accurate? Or does USPS have a problem with its mail centers in Chicagoland? From here on out, if I can get the same thing from another source, I'll skip DG.

I ordered a cd from Amazon via UPS (not USPS) that I tracked to Fort Worth where it seemed to stay. After a week or so I informed Amazon and they immediately sent me a replacement. Maybe someone in Fort Worth was a Kurt Weil fan.

I ordered a set of the complete Beethoven String Quartets that ended up in Sparks, Nev. I live in Illinois. A replacement set arrived soon after I complained.

I ordered a cd from Amazon via UPS (not USPS) that I tracked to Fort Worth where it seemed to stay. After a week or so I informed Amazon and they immediately sent me a replacement. Maybe someone in Fort Worth was a Kurt Weil fan.

I ordered a set of the complete Beethoven String Quartets that ended up in Sparks, Nev. I live in Illinois. A replacement set arrived soon after I complained.

The guy in Sparks, Nev needed it more than you do.

There's a big Beethoven deficit in Nevada.

Hope he's a fan of the Suske Quartet.

Hope he's a fan of the Suske Quartet.

won"t matter, it is Sparks, Nevada.

It's been raining a whole lot in Fort Worth lately. I imagine anybody there could become a Kurt Weil fan these days, given even half a chance.

Entered on the record:

Ordered CD from DG on May 2, first-class shipping selected. May 4, received shipping notification from DG.

May 4-7 at sorting facility in Chicago.

May 7 at USPS Forest Park, IL facility.

May 11: Supposedly shipped from there but no further info offered on the tracking page.

May 13 still waiting.

I don't have this problem with Squidco or Amazon shipments. Is DG's shipping info not accurate? Or does USPS have a problem with its mail centers in Chicagoland? From here on out, if I can get the same thing from another source, I'll skip DG.

I'm shocked Gould hasn't berated you for the outrageous insolence you've shown the infallible Dusty Groove!