all things emusic

John B

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just listened to the BBC 3 World Music Awards (probably still on their website if you hurry), I went to see how many of the artists are available on emusic. Certainly a fair number of the African artists. They have several by Toumani Diabate. They have a few albums by Ali Farka Toure, including the classic Talking Timbuktu with Ry Cooder, but not the brand new Toure and Toumani CD In The Heart Of The Moon. They have several by Amadou and Mariam (though again not the most recent killer album). And perhaps most intriguing they have two albums by Konono No. 1 -- wild wild stuff. It looks like I've already got my quota for next month filled! But it's all good.

if you look at the new entries you will find four albums of the german Enja Label added.

One of them being a 1978 Chet Baker concert, the other Bennie Wallace, Abdullah Ibrahim and Rabih Abou-Khalil.

Cheers, Tjobbe

Hi Tjobbe,

Thanks for the heads up! Wow, I hope this is the first of MANY Enja albums to be released on eMusic! :tup

Cheers,

Shane

Also some new additions from David S. Ware, William Parker and Eric Alexander. There's also an interesting album from Jay Geils (yes, THAT J. Geils). It's a straight ahead instrumental jazz album in the mold of Les Paul or Barney Kessel.

Plus.......if you have lots of DLs saved up (fat chance) - Captain Beefheart's "Grow Fins" collection of rarities and outtakes. All 70+ tracks!

just checked out some this month Candid records with one nice entry

c94778hf3uu.jpg

:tup

that I already downloaded. Seems more and more good Jazz stuff for download beside the Fantasy catalogue appear on emusic.

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT: some interesting stuff found: 10 recordings from Graham Collier available for downloading.

Edited by tjobbe

• 2 weeks later...

......... Wow, I hope this is the first of MANY Enja albums to be released on eMusic! :tup

three more Abdullah Ibrahims and one Charlie Mariano added yesterday....guess they will issue them as downloads bit by bit :tup

If the jazz catalog is expanded with those great labels, I guess I need to upgrade from the basic plan.

Cheers, Tjobbe

If the jazz catalog is expanded with those great labels, I guess I need to upgrade from the basic plan.

Cheers, Tjobbe

Last year I upgraded to the yearly plan that gives me 65 DLs/month. I figured out that it was only about $2/month more than the basic plan and I get over 50% more tunes.

Worth it.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the heads up on Candid. I saw Stablemates (Blue Mitchell) and a Zoot Sims CD I'll probably download. They have just added Mingus At UCLA, which is pretty exciting. I think I will pick and choose a bit here, however, since I really don't want to use a download on an 8 second breakdown track.

A couple more worth looking into.

Just added: Dave Burrell/Billy Martin - "Consequences". Includes "Kuliana" a 96 minute track! (can that be right?)

Recently downloaded: Larry Coryell - "Tricycles" w/Mark Egan & Paul Wertico. one of the more aggressive Coryell albums I've heard in a long time.