• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Yeah, it's really tremendous.

Still waiting for one of my long ago preorders with them to ship... kind of done with the preorder game if it's going to take this long.

Absolutely !  I have the old ‘Reel’ CD but this set builds significantly on it. Amazing how well Phil Seaman and John Stevens functioned as a 2-drum unit and tragic that Seaman was dead within 4 weeks of the last, Stockwell gig. 

The book (brilliant) mentions that later ‘Splinters’ variant sessions into 1974 sans Hayes and Seaman from the Trevor Watts archive might be forthcoming, in which case ‘bring it on’.

Sorry to hear that your CDs have been delayed Clifford. I know that JIB HQ have just relocated from Farnham up to Holmfirth, quite a distant move, so that is probably the reason. Must have been disruptive to their operations.

Edited by sidewinder

4 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

Still waiting for one of my long ago preorders with them to ship... kind of done with the preorder game if it's going to take this long.

Yeah I have the same feelings about pre-orders. I’ve been waiting for the Horace Tapscott - Tapscott + Winds I ordered at the beginning of the year and was supposed to ship January. I saw the new Jesse Sharp and the Wu Ensemble, ordered it and asked about my pre-order. Magically its shipping now but I’m irritated because it’s shipping with the Jesse Sharp and I paid separate shipping for each. Shady in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, sidewinder said:

a3380357422_10.jpg

This is great. 3CDs with all the recordings (off of C120s!) plus excellent hard back book with Simon Spillett essay and colour photos. Recorded almost 50 years ago !

5 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

Thanks for these comments.

I noticed the release on the website and would have ordered immediately, but the shipping cost to USA (inclusive of the massive book) took the cost over my limit.

Will have to reconsider...My experience with JIB has been good, but I've always been leery of preorders, especially overseas ones, so never took that risk.

24 minutes ago, T.D. said:

Thanks for these comments.

I noticed the release on the website and would have ordered immediately, but the shipping cost to USA (inclusive of the massive book) took the cost over my limit.

Will have to reconsider...My experience with JIB has been good, but I've always been leery of preorders, especially overseas ones, so never took that risk.

I get that it's missing the book, but you could just buy the download for 10 Pounds and burn it to a CD-R yourself.