• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Funkhouser - Still (CD Baby). I forget where I found this one but it's pretty good stuff. It's still available on bandcamp if you want to hear it. Crazy that it was recorded and mastered in West Springfeild, MA, not far from my hometown of Holyoke. West Springfield is not what anyone would consider a hotbed of music so I would not expect a recording studio being there.

image.jpeg.4bbfd705f165138558d4d354e6367176.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

John Funkhouser - Still (CD Baby). I forget where I found this one but it's pretty good stuff. It's still available on bandcamp if you want to hear it. Crazy that it was recorded and mastered in West Springfeild, MA, not far from my hometown of Holyoke. West Springfield is not what anyone would consider a hotbed of music so I would not expect a recording studio being there.

image.jpeg.4bbfd705f165138558d4d354e6367176.jpeg

Interesting. He's playing a concert with a trio here soon.

2 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

NC00NzI1LmpwZWc.jpeg

You're on a roll, that was one of my first jazz purchases and my intro to Billy Harper.  I just kept playing "Capra Black" from that 2LP set over and over, and there are other gems on there.

33 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Reggie Workman master class ....

Yes, indeed...  Listen to his intro solo to "Prayer for Peace" on Charles Tolliver's 'Live at Loosdrecht' album for further schooling: