• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, soulpope said:

ab67616d0000b27389a6362a8671f63cbbfc7146

Irresistible ....

I´ve heard about that album but don´t have it. 

Yesterday I listened to "Bremen 1983"  and is fantastic, since I saw the same band , but with Steve Turré on tb , just a few days earlier at Konzerthaus. 

When I look at this photo, Woody seemed to be quite hefty, and when I saw him on several occasions in the 80s he looked quite skinny. Reminds me of Fats Navarro, who in later years wasn´t "fat" anymore..... and also had a very short life, 

14 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

André Jaume – Musique Pour 8: L'Oc (Hat Art, 1982)

R-2923204-1307620490.jpg

Perennially sits on my 'must buy' list but I never get around to doing so. I like Jaume's music

Ny04MTE0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Disc 1.

a bit of a Coltrane day having listened to 'Giant Steps' and 'Ole' but this is next level, track 1 is 'India' and there's no going back from where that takes you

Edited by mjazzg

Paula Morelenbaum "Telecoteco" cd

Wow. This one always fascinates me and it's one of those modern recordings that sound incrementally better as my system improves. It has never sounded better in my system than now--the Purple fuse I added to my SACD transport has been a nice improvement.

m_80544ca.jpg

Layers and layers of interesting sound.

paulaessa061037-edb99d38.jpg

(Rahsaan) Roland Kirk "Now please don't You Cry, Beautiful Edith" Universal Japan Verve cd

s-l600.jpg

What a lovely title for an album. And what a release! One of my favorite Kirk albums pre-Atlantic.

RRK with:
Bass – Ronnie Boykins
Drums – Grady Tate
Piano – Lonnie Smith
Producer – Creed Taylor

2 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

(Rahsaan) Roland Kirk "Now please don't You Cry, Beautiful Edith" Universal Japan Verve cd

s-l600.jpg

What a lovely title for an album. And what a release! One of my favorite Kirk albums pre-Atlantic.

RRK with:
Bass – Ronnie Boykins
Drums – Grady Tate
Piano – Lonnie Smith
Producer – Creed Taylor

Indeed. That one gets lost in the shuffle sometimes, probably because it was a one-off for Verve. It should be far better known, imo. It's a bit Creed Taylor-y (motly in the recording sound and maybe the song selections and lengths), but oh well about that. Kirk's Atlantic sides were often a bit John Dorn-y, so again, oh well about that. Rahsaan could function in a blowing setting and a production setting equally well. His was a true voice and its message/meaning was never dilutable.

3 hours ago, jazzbo said:

s-l600.jpg

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

Indeed. That one gets lost in the shuffle sometimes, probably because it was a one-off for Verve. It should be far better known, imo. It's a bit Creed Taylor-y (motly in the recording sound and maybe the song selections and lengths), but oh well about that. Kirk's Atlantic sides were often a bit John Dorn-y, so again, oh well about that. Rahsaan could function in a blowing setting and a production setting equally well. His was a true voice and its message/meaning was never dilutable.

Amen & Amen !!!

NP:

OC02OTAyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Al Cohn in excelsis.