So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

“Miles at the Fillmore – Miles Davis 1970: The Bootleg Series Vol. 3”

Disc 4 “Saturday Miles”

This box set was an answer to prayers as “Miles Davis at Fillmore” has been a favorite and staple of my listening world for fifty years and was heavily edited for release. This is all four sides of that release, completely unedited for the first time officially.

8d8df871bcdcebc59937cc48300503e3c21f1d6f

• Replies 79.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[IMG]

Barney Wilen "Essential Best" Venus lp facsimile cd

Yeah, I have all this material on their original releases. But it's a nice selection and sequence and I wanted to hear this this morning. I never get enough Barney.
Edited by jazzbo

?

Not really sure I understand your post but if you are calling this a bad album. . . I've learned to like it if not be crazy about it. 

So much is personal preference and taste. I can understand if you don't like it.

Edited by jazzbo

7 hours ago, mikeweil said:

This evening, slected tracks from several Sonny Clark CDs - which made me decide to keep them and skip the Mosaic box.

OC02MzU1LmpwZWc.jpegMC0zNjEwLmpwZWc.jpegLTQ4MzguanBlZw.jpegMi5qcGVn.jpegNC03NDExLmpwZWc.jpegMi0xNDgxLmpwZWc.jpeg

After these, in its entirety:

My00MjYwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Next is Christy Baron, just ordered her other two Cheky CDs.

OS0zNjU4LmpwZWc.jpeg

If I´m in the mood for some good old hard bop it´s very possible that I spin "Sonny´s Crib" (for the participation of Trane) or "Cool Struttin". 
Maybe I couldn´t listen to more in about the same kind of style, but they are great, especially since they have some of my favourite horn players on it.

One thing that always was in my mind is that the Bud on "Scene Changes" sounds so close to Sonny Clark that at first listening I couldn´t believe it´s Bud. 

On 8/5/2023 at 11:30 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

the-johnny-griffin-quartet-live-at-the-j

I think I got that from the widow of a late friend. I remember it´s very very hot playing, Griff in top form and going a bit into new areas on "Tunisia".....right ? 

But it seems to be a very very obscure label.