Miles Davis and seafood in Peru

I do not know if this forum has already mentioned the following:  Miles Davis enjoyed Peruvian seafood (presumably ceviche, octopus, etc.).  On page 353 of his autobiography it says, “I even took a little time off and went down to Lima, Peru, with Cicely, who was a judge at the Miss Universe contest.  All I did for three or four days was swim and lie around the hotel pool and rest and eat good seafood.”  The contest was in Peru in 1982.    

I have had a chance to eat fresh (and delicious) Peruvian seafood and I am happy to agree with Miles Davis.

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

I really like the start of the book when Davis is reminiscing about eating hot snoots in St Louis. A bit less appealing to eat but it's fun to read.

1 hour ago, Dub Modal said:

Less appealing unless you've had one. I haven't read his autobio but sounds like if/when I do I'm going to need some snacks.

Is that the autobiography ghosted by Quincy Troupe?

I really enjoyed that book. It's been justly criticized on some scores (iirc a certain amount of factual info was cribbed from Jack Chambers's work), but the Troupe volume vividly conveys Miles's voice and personality. Miles comes across as rather abrasive (stronger terms could be used ;) ) at times, but I appreciated the book pulling no punches.

Disclosure: I have not read Troupe's later book Miles and Me.

I found that the first third of the book is very strong and clearly in Miles own words. Then the voice changes and it becomes much more commonplace, to the extent that "mo********er" is used only every fourth word.

2 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

Less appealing unless you've had one. I haven't read his autobio but sounds like if/when I do I'm going to need some snacks.

I meant less appealing than cerviche. I'd eat a snoot without qualms.